What happens when you die?

mcfcliam said:
The feeling of 'that's it' fills me with dread.

This is why people want to believe in life after death. It's completely nonsensical to do so, but it makes them feel better. Personally, I think that once you come to believe that once you're gone then that's it, you're far more likely to live life to the fullest in the first place.

I'm in the 'that's it' camp unfortunately. Ants, plants, bacteria and all other living orgranisms don't have souls or go to heaven and we're exactly the same

mammutly said:
The absolute certainty of non religous types is misplaced.

mammutly said:
The certainty of some religous people is equally misplaced.

Babu-Finger-Wag1.gif

Subconscious bias or innocent mistake?

I agree that we don't know what happens when we die but there's no reason, logically or empirically, to suppose that we live on and every reason to think it probable that, like before we were born, we simply don't exist.

Just because we don't know something it doesn't mean that anything is equally probable. We don't know what will happen with the game today but it's more likely that the game will be carried out without fail rather than come to an abrupt stop due to a UFO landing in the centre circle.
Too many people seek refuge, for their irrational beliefs, in ignorance - "we don't know for sure so..."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.