What has been your worst moment following our club?

All of the above but I felt pretty devastated after last seasons Champions League final. We really could have won that game but for Pep’s team selection. It felt like a chance lost.Does that sound entitled because it’s not supposed to.
I can remember so little of that game, I think I have just binned it in my own mind. However, if we’d won it, most of the game and especially the highlights, would be seared in the memory.

Hard to believe it was such a non-event considering it could have been the biggest victory in the Clubs istree!

Millions of years ago, when I had a season ticket at Maine Road and a few of us all used to go, one of my mates and I forgot our tickets to a derby game. Drove back to my dad’s to get it, then back to the ground in time for half time. It was the one where we were 2-0 up at half time and those bastards ended up winning 3-2. Absolutely shit.

The Wigan cup final is probably down there too, possibly the angriest I’ve ever been about a game of football. How we could lose to such a shit little club with the players we had was and still is embarrassing and unforgivable.

Spuds CL was shit too, although because of the obvious corruption on show it wasn’t really our fault was it.

And then the non-event of the CL final. Really we should have won it, plus at least one more FA Cup and title if Mancini had been backed with the signings he wanted and deserved after our 2012 title.

Yep, I know it's easy to be a Monday morning quarter-back, but as soon as I saw the teams and the two managers interviewed before the game, I pretty much reconciled myself to losing.

Aside from Foden going close early on, there was a stench of being completely fazed by the occasion, coupled with a lack of belief from the entire team.

The amount of crosses in to our penalty area in the opening quarter of an hour, Stones, seemingly a rabbit caught in the headlights, was a scene I never anticipated earlier that day.

I genuinely didn't give a shit at the final whistle, because we didn't deserve it and those closest to me couldn't believe how indifferent I was to it all.

It was the previous 2 Chelsea games that month for me. We just couldn't break them down when we desperately needed goals.

True but I was at school at the time - it was more the thought of accepting yet more digs from united fans. and I fucking hate Tottenham
Understood. Have a mate who is a lifelong Spuds fan! Have never forgiven them for my worst trip to Wembley for the replay!

Oh and another, that fucking FA Cup QF when Terry Phelan got his wonder goal but those Spud cunts knocked us out and the police horses came on the pitch. Fucking hate Spurs.

Games like these are why to this day I still fear the worst with City.

No, some older blues, remember and acknowledge the real past and history.

Be thankful they do, and we’re not a ‘istree plastic club
I've just had 2 likes from this post from May 2018, so people are reading the entire thread! :-).

However, it's as relevant then, as it is now, infact more so.

I'd like to hope that our supporters:
Never take things for granted.
Never assume where we are currently, is where we will always be, or have a divine right to being there.
Never say 'always' in respect to anything, as it's arrogant to the nth.
Know our clubs and other clubs real history.
Take the piss out of ourselves 'always'.
Enjoy the good times, remember/read about the bad times.

I've just had 2 likes from this post from May 2018, so people are reading the entire thread! :-).

However, it's as relevant then, as it is now, infact more so.

I'd like to hope that our supporters:
Never take things for granted.
Never assume where we are currently, is where we will always be, or have a divine right to being there.
Never say 'always' in respect to anything, as it's arrogant to the nth.
Know our clubs and other clubs real history.
Take the piss out of ourselves 'always'.
Enjoy the good times, remember/read about the bad times.
WWHWWWS.... well us older fuckers were.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.