What has been your worst moment following our club?

1981 cup final. Watching both games live at home in NZ.
Leading 1-0, cannot remember who it was but he was through, only had to put the ball in the net, admittedly from a tight angle, but hit the post. Had that gone in I'm sure we would have won. They then got a free kick which Joe had it covered until it hit Tommy who was running across the back of the wall, it hit his shoulder and deflected for their equaliser.
Then the replay. Their Argentina duo came to life and depite Joe's efforts (man of the match again) we lost.

But the worst for me was Buchan's (sic) tackle that ended Colin's career.
Steve Mackenzie wasn't it? A bit of a 'sitter' really. After his brilliant goal in the replay I turned to my mate and asked him if that made up for the bad miss in the final, he replied 'not really, as had he scored on Saturday we wouldn't be here tonight' .
I considered myself lucky enough to have been at both games ,especially with what was to cone in the following years.
These days we almost take Wembley finals for granted in many respects but the majority of football fans don't get to see their team in a major final, let alone actually be there at Wembley itself.
Sometimes I do look back at that miss and wonder had that gone in and had we won the Cup in 81 would things have been very different.
Part of me thinks it would have been a 'springboard' to better things. However, part of me still thinks that Neil Young song where he sings 'why do I keep fucking up' would have still been our soundtrack for the next couple of decades regardless!

When we got beaten by spurs in the league Cup quarter final 2-0 at home
They went one up after about 10 minutes, then had a bloke sent off
From that moment Berbatov ran the game from centre forward
As a mid forty year old man I was on the cusp of crying as I knew we'd never win anything ever again. I was really fucking depressed after that game

When we got beaten by spurs in the league Cup quarter final 2-0 at home
They went one up after about 10 minutes, then had a bloke sent off
From that moment Berbatov ran the game from centre forward
As a mid forty year old man I was on the cusp of crying as I knew we'd never win anything ever again. I was really fucking depressed after that game

Best performance I have seen from an opposing away team player.
Berbatov was superb. I always thought he was skilful but he was also strong and unselfish that night.
Unfortunately for him, he was very inconsistent and was too easily distracted - he was anonymous in some games.
Was disappointed when we tried to hijack his deal to the Trafford Tinkers. Luckily, his inconsistency blossomed and I don't remember him being the success I thought he would be...

Wycombe 40 hours to get there from iraq, didn’t tell family I was in uk and some twat printed my pic in a rag think it was express then 35 hours back to base and a month of mail from my mum

The second game in the quarter-final against Tottenham, when the referees canceled Sterling's goal due to the minimum offside position at Toby Alderweireld. Since then, I hate VAR with all my heart ..

Forgot my specs once and I was sitting in the back of tier 3. Missed the whole game. Then on the way home had to stop on the hard shoulder to puke my guts out, up came that rancid Jamie Oliver burger. Day to forget.

Luckily, his inconsistency blossomed and I don't remember him being the success I thought he would be...
If Berbatov had scored the sitters he missed, City would have been our of the Wembley semi-final before half time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.