What if we don't get 4th?

I really hope it doesn't come to a shootout between us and Spurs once again. They have a way of playing against us which works. They'll put Crouch up top again and I just know we'll struggle with him. So basically we need to pick up points now while they have Bale and Modric out as I'm sure they'll drop points with them two out. They were so lucky last night.

Didsbury Dave said:
If we don't get fourth place and Mancini doesn't get the boot then I will be disgusted at our owner. Disgusted.

If Mancini gets the boot I would be more concerned about the structure we set up to choose our managers assuming the position of manager and who has the job is viewed as critical to our success.

Its like the boss who keeps hiring and firing his or her choices they make to fill certain roles with monotonous regularity.

They keep saying that good help is hard to get but they never look at the real problem which is the ability to choose the right person for the long haul in the first place.

The teams that usually punch to their weight or above their weight if their is such a thing are the ones that have a stable management team that are entrusted to achieve realistic goals and given the right set of resources to do so.

Leslie chose poorly in terms of his support staff to bring in to City and with a few exceptions from overseas didn't bring in players that would be long term drivers of the club.

Even his last four remaining English born purchases loan players aside all of which we know have played their last game for City) most are convinced rightly or wrongly have no future at the club beyond this year.

For this he paid the penalty along with the fact that the current owners had no say in his hiring.

Mancini should get us to fourth with the players he has purchased and the funds made available to him but should he be sacked if we don't make it this season.

If they do they could be accused of falling for the same mistakes they accuse their business competitors of doing that makes them stronger than they should be.

If we don't get 4th, we don't! When we get to that bridge, we'll cross it. I'd rather focus and where we are now, 3rd, than worry about where we might be in the future.

Losblue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Some good points, but Ancelotti didn't seem to struggle getting up to speed.

Are we really saying that we should be a guinea pig for Mancini. He will deliver or he won't and will be rightly judged this season.

Should Mourinho also be available, as the panther says, the clamour will prove too much.

Guus Hiddink didn't do to bad with the short time he had at Chelsea also.

It's fair to say though that the inherant strength in the Chelsea squad when Hiddink and Ancelotti came in was light years ahead of ours when Mancini came in, and therefore you cannot realistically judge Mancini alongside either of those 2 yet.
Mancini's position was and still is unique. He has to keep improving upon the previous year to be sure of keeping his job.
Whilst some - disgusted of Didsbury - might want him out if he doesn't finish a minimum of 4th, I'm not that harsh and would give him another season and hope that the stability pays off in his second full season. We know that the club has targets and there can be no doubt that, at the moment, Mancini is still on target, if not temporarily at least, above target. If the remainder of this season is cack, I might change my mind, but, we know to our great cost that change isn't always for the better, and my preference and hope is that we can justifiably persevere with Mancini come May. Let's hope he attains legendary status for all the right reasons.
Don't forget - this is City. I can just see us sacking Mancini because we finish 5th, getting Mourinho, then, with our luck, he'd finish 5th as well. Then we'd have to sack the board.

I think anything short of 4th will be a major step back for the club. I would consider the season a failure, especially considering our position just a few weeks ago. (yes, a very obvious statement I know).

I think we'll hang on though. I believe in the team. This is a rough patch we will turn it around. Really unlucky to not get the 3 points at Birmingham imo.

The season is long , this is a blip for us and we will recover and if we play how we know we can we WILL get fourth. All the big teams still have to play each other and still go to tricky places aswell like everton away and anfield . But at the moment , we take each game as it comes and talk of finishing positions come near the end of the season as the league is not decided in february.

Josh Blue said:
I would like to see this

Hart

Richards Kompany Toure Kolarov

De Jong Yaya Toure

Silva

Tevez Dzeko Balotelli

If we do this will score more, attack is a good form of defence. We let the opposition come towards us too much hence they make alot of chances and get goals.

I would love to see this team, if we cant win with 12 players we will never win anything haha :O)

citygal1 said:
Josh Blue said:
I would like to see this

Hart

Richards Kompany Toure Kolarov

De Jong Yaya Toure

Silva

Tevez Dzeko Balotelli

If we do this will score more, attack is a good form of defence. We let the opposition come towards us too much hence they make alot of chances and get goals.

I would love to see this team, if we cant win with 12 players we will never win anything haha :O)

Am I missing something here?

5th place finish would mean:
-a sack of the manager
-Balotelli leaving
-Tevez leaving, 2 years of non-CL football for him
-Being laughed at by everyone else

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.