What if we don't get 4th?

gordondaviesmoustache said:
citygal1 said:
I would love to see this team, if we cant win with 12 players we will never win anything haha :O)

Am I missing something here?

Only that Citygal1 cannot count....hahaha.

To be fair, I reckon the extra gap/space between 'De' and 'Jong' threw her and made it look like we had three players there (with YaYa being the 3rd) so she counted 12.

;o)

In my opinion not getting 4th would be unthinkable! The money we have spent and the squad we have should be more than good enough to get 4th spot. I think some positions we have made poor signings but nevertheless it should be more than achievable. IF we dont get there then there is no doubt in my mind that mancini will leave and I for one will agree with the owners decision. If these recent results were under hughes it would of been sacriledge and everyone would of wanted him burnt at the stake.

Andouble said:
Spurs have Bolton, West Ham, Stoke, West Brom, Blackpool, and Birmingham at home. For arguments sake, let's say that's 18 points. Their lone difficult home game left is Arsenal (which is their game in hand, so let's not assume they will just get 3 points and be 2 behind us now). Let's call that a draw, and would be 19 out of 22 points. Seems like a lot, but they haven't lost at home in the league since August.

Away, they have Sunderland, Wolves, Wigan, Blackpool, Chelsea, Liverpool. None of those are easy games, but to play it safe, let's assume they beat Wolves, Wigan, and Blackpool, draw Sunderland, and lose to Chelsea and Liverpool. That's 10 out of 18 possible.

29 out of a possible 40 points, would give them 70 points through 37 games.

and us, we've got West Brom, Fulham, Wigan, Stoke, Sunderland, and West Ham home. Those are all very, very winnable. That's 18 points.

away, we've got United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton, Blackburn - almost a who's who of tough away fixtures. I'd say we'll probably lose the two I've labelled first, should be able to get two draws against both Scousers, and should handle Blackburn in late April. That's 5 out of 15 away points. 23 points left for us, and we're currently at 46.

Of course, for both squads I left out April 16. By my rudimentary calculations and predictions, without that match, I have Spurs at 70 points and us at 69.

There will be surprises to both us and Spurs that will make this post irrelevant, but the end of the season looks like it will mirror last year.

Just a minor correction we are not due to play Arsenal until the week-end of the CC Final so that game needs to be re-arranged, our game in hand is Blackpool, which we play the week before.....

I agree with the rest of your post, I think it will come down to two things, away form and the game at CoMs (especially if you are in the FA Cup semi-final as our game with you is scheduled for the week-end of the semi's, just to add a little more drama and spice)....

And I would rather our away games than yours...... home form is pretty similar....

But we have: Wolves, Wigan, Sunderland, Blackpool, Chavs, Pool, City
and you have: Chavs, Pool, Everton, Blackburn, Bolton, Manure

Not being funny but you have struggled away at "tough" places this season, 0-0 draws at Spurs and Arsenal, 1-0 loss at Sunderland and Villa, 1-1 at Stoke and Brum.....

The crap teams you have done what we can't do, put them in their place....

We lost at West Ham, drew at Newcastle, WBA all places you won at.... but we won at Arsenal, Villa, Blackburn, Stoke.... 4 pretty tough places to get 3 pts....

I feel a lot more confident after last nights results

If we dont get fourth I'll probably throw up. Even thinking about it makes me squirm. We are in a dip in form at the moment no doubt about it, but every team goes through one, the key is for how long though.

With the scum on horizon a good confident win this weekend is vital. It wouldnt surprise me if it comes down between us and the spuds again (the longer they stay in the CL the better) this year and we stumble over the finish line come May.

I feel this team is still miles off the other big teams when it comes to having that winning belief but it will come once we win a trophy or qualify for the CL. That is why this year is so important for us to qualify for CL and if we dont....sick bag please.

bluelady47 said:
one thing keeps coming back to me, when we scored 4 against wolves, Mancini said "it was entertaining for the crowd, but we only need to win by 1" does that mean he wants the team in defensive mode after scoring one goal. Don't understand this !

Sorry but those were not his exact words and don't take them out of context.

Huckerby's Hair said:
cleavers said:
Can I ask what this comment has to do with the thread subject, Hughes left 15 months ago.

Because everyone was quick to slag off hughes so im just reminding everyone

Hughes was out of his depth, get over it.

Then we play in the Europa League.

...But don't be so pessimistic. We will!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.