What if we just went with Delap, Jesus, and Torres?

For finishing yes
Torres and Delap at this moment in time have no right to be rated as better finishers.
They might go on to show they are, in fact there's a good chance it'll happen given plenty of gametime but you can't make that claim in the here and now.
Torres has missed some sitters as well as scoring some beauty's and Delap, well i can't even begin to entertain the thought until he's doing it for the first team, or even out on loan on a regular basis.

Torres is in and out mostly out, that's the reason we picked him up relatively cheaply (Navas mark 2). Delap needs weening in and it would be reckless to go onto a season with Delap as a main striker (were not Crystal palace we don't need to play the odds like that. Haaland for 100 million plus seems the best option, he's at least as good as Rooney at the same age. Kane is ponderous in the build up and won't suit our style. Plus he's injury prone and getting on in years. Kane is a massive gamble I'd rather take Son to be honest.

Torres is in and out mostly out, that's the reason we picked him up relatively cheaply (Navas mark 2). Delap needs weening in and it would be reckless to go onto a season with Delap as a main striker (were not Crystal palace we don't need to play the odds like that. Haaland for 100 million plus seems the best option, he's at least as good as Rooney at the same age. Kane is ponderous in the build up and won't suit our style. Plus he's injury prone and getting on in years. Kane is a massive gamble I'd rather take Son to be honest.
Navas was 28 when he came to City, Torres is just 21, wait until he is 28 before comparing his career to Navas's.

What if? I think we either get Harry Kane or we end up with that lineup. If we don't get Kane, we play false 9 again and just have to hope that Kevin De Bruyne doesn't miss any time, and Sterling finds his scoring form again.

Ferran is a great player but I don't think he can be a 20 goal player. I love Jesus but I don't think he's a 20 goal a season player either. Delap will only get cup matches. We'll need a lot of luck with this lineup to get back to the champions league final.

Tin hat time.
Delap will get two League cup games if he's lucky. Pep will never throw youngsters into the first team, he always goes for tried and tested. He'll be another Sancho scenario, albeit a few years older.
Not convinced with Torres, looks world class one game then a poor version of Ricky Holden the next.
Maybe I'm just turning into a miserable twat but the prospect of Kane/Grealish on huge fees and wages does not appeal to me either. If that's all that's available, keep the powder dry rather than spending for spendings sake.

We would still have a fantastic team that won the league and got to the champions league final last season. It really wouldn’t be the disaster some people are making it out to be.

Jesus and Torres up front are not bad options at all, and we have the false 9 option to turn to also which we've done well with. I reckon we'd be alright. I think we'd do better bringing in Grealish to give us a bit more impetus in midfield to create more and rotate, than bringing in Kane for the kind of silly money being discussed.

Kane isn't someone that turns up in big games and makes the difference, he's a flat track bully. We put enough past the dross in the league as it is, we need a difference maker in the big moments like Serge was. The only player that fits that bill for me is Halaand.

I think we should just be patient this summer as far as strikers go and ensure we're right at the front of the queue for Halaand next summer.

Plus no shame ending up like Jesús Navas. He's had a great career, especially considering all his homesickness issues
Still going strong.
Hes turning into Roque Santa Cruz.
Playing more games now than they did 10 years ago.

Tin hat time.
Delap will get two League cup games if he's lucky. Pep will never throw youngsters into the first team, he always goes for tried and tested. He'll be another Sancho scenario, albeit a few years older.
Not convinced with Torres, looks world class one game then a poor version of Ricky Holden the next.
Maybe I'm just turning into a miserable twat but the prospect of Kane/Grealish on huge fees and wages does not appeal to me either. If that's all that's available, keep the powder dry rather than spending for spendings sake.
Phil Foden?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.