What if we win 'nowt?

With the squad MP inherited and the £100m additional investment in the summer not to win a trophy this year would certainly have to be classed as a major failure. Also from where we are currently in all 4 competitions we would have to implode in a very significant manner.
In a word: unthinkable.

To win nothing would be a backward step. It's a title winning squad plus £100m of improvements after all.

Berkovic_blue said:
To win nothing would be a backward step. It's a title winning squad plus £100m of improvements after all.

A backward step from last season ? Or did last season just not happen for all you Mancini acolytes ?

It would be shit, but not unheard of. Some of my most enjoyable season of the mid-late '90's were those when the all conquering rags went from the treble to fuck all in the space of a couple of weeks.

Helmet Cole said:
It would be shit, but not unheard of. Some of my most enjoyable season of the mid-late '90's were those when the all conquering rags went from the treble to fuck all in the space of a couple of weeks.

The Arsenal example's been used a few times recently. I remember them going out of three competitions in three weeks, and then watching their league form nose die.

To be honest you'd have to back us to beat Sunderland. That's by no means saying it will be easy as they're obviously improving under Poyet. But over 90 minutes at Wembley, you'd expect our big players to show their quality.

The question of whether we'll win nothing, and I apologise if this sounds arrogant, is much like the question will we finish in the top 4 which was posed repeatedly in October and November - it's not a relevant question. Because we will.

BillyShears said:
Helmet Cole said:

The Arsenal example's been used a few times recently. I remember them going out of three competitions in three weeks, and then watching their league form nose die.

To be honest you'd have to back us to beat Sunderland. That's by no means saying it will be easy as they're obviously improving under Poyet. But over 90 minutes at Wembley, you'd expect our big players to show their quality.

The question of whether we'll win nothing, and I apologise if this sounds arrogant, is much like the question will we finish in the top 4 which was posed repeatedly in October and November - it's not a relevant question. Because we will.
I think we'll go out of the FA Cup and Champions League at the next stage, but providing that does not undermine confidence too much, we'll bounce back to win the League and League Cup. Injuries and a difficult FA Cup draw falling at a difficult moment are big blows

Encouraged by the form of Jovetic and Navas at the moment. If we can keep the current players fit, then when Aguero, Nasri and Fernandinho return, I expect us to kick on again

Are we really bothered if we win nothing ? (Not that I'm saying we will win nothing)

BillyShears said:
Berkovic_blue said:

A backward step from last season ? Or did last season just not happen for all you Mancini acolytes ?

There are very few harping on about Mancini Billy. You're actually one of the main culprits. I've lost count of the times you bring him up when the poster you quote hasn't mentioned him.

To put it bluntly , you and several others ( both inners and otters) are spoiling the board for the majority.

Can you, and the other protagonists, let it go and move on ?.

Frankly, it's boring.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.