What sort of City fan are you ?

ST Holder so all homes, the odd away. Live out near Blackpool though and the ever increasing costs - fuel/trains, food, beer etc make it an expensive passion these days.

I'm a long suffering bastard. My Dad used to take me aged 5 when I'd been naughty as punishment. We were shit in the 80s. Then in the 90s we had Uwe and then the guy who made me love footy - kinky lairds. I consider myself to be supportive and never slag a player yet cynical and love the banter on matchdays, Fucking love this club.

I am a fan who was a season ticket holder for 20+ years.

I now have financial restraints with a daughter at Uni and a teenage son, I try to go to as many away games as I can which I subsidise through my stewarding at City and like to really let myself go on these trips (Blues in Bandit Country will vouch as they usually have to hope I can find the coach for the journey back!)

If we are in Europe the wife will allow me at least one trip although wasn't impressed when I went to see city versus Omonia in Cyprus as she thought we were going for 2 days, but booked for 5 and came back with a cracking tan ;)

Trigger said:
I am a fan who was a season ticket holder for 20+ years.

I now have financial restraints with a daughter at Uni and a teenage son, I try to go to as many away games as I can which I subsidise through my stewarding at City and like to really let myself go on these trips (Blues in Bandit Country will vouch as they usually have to hope I can find the coach for the journey back!)

If we are in Europe the wife will allow me at least one trip although wasn't impressed when I went to see city versus Omonia in Cyprus as she thought we were going for 2 days, but booked for 5 and came back with a cracking tan ;)
Stand up... no.... sit down if you love trigger!

During 70/80 home and away with hubby. Lost him so season ticket holder for last 3yrs every home game. Would love to get to some away but finances and travel bit of a problem.

I've been a City fan and season ticket holder for nearly 25 years now. Having lived in Manchester most of my life, I now live in Edinburgh due to work and still travel back and forth for more of less every home game each season. Mid week and now Monday night games are a bastard due to work / family commitments but i make the effort in both terms of time and costs with the travel. Very early trains on a saturday morning to get into Piccadilly for 10ish for a good swally before the game is a must and late night getting home in an evening is just part of the day out. Wife/Kids arent always hp but thats life!
I'm leaving work early on Monday to travel down for Monday nights Liverpool game, then staying at pals Monday night before travelling back to Edinburgh Tuesday morning for work Tuesday afternoon. I'm also off to Sunderland next Sunday for what should be a cracking day out on the beers and for a cracking game hopefully.
What I am really trying to say here is that if you are committed enough, then time and money are irrelevant - you just do it cos you love it!!
For those fans who live a distance and make the effort for any game in a season, I applaud you - i know how bloody difficult it really is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.