What was the most toxic period at City?

Yeah. The worst end I was at for infighting was the Blackburn one that has been frequently mentioned.

But the whole end of Swales era was awful. Death threats to Swalea, protests before and after games. I remember playing Wimbledon at home towards the emd of the season and losing one nil...the atmosphere was horrendous, bordering on mutinous. Some guys set fire to stuff (?!) in the Main Stand as the match was going on (I rarely went in there as a kid, but me and my dad got free tickets from his mate) and Swales Out chants were very loud and aggressive.

Really think Rick Holden can be credited with stopping some serious shit going down that day with his jammy late equaliser!
I take a certain pride in those demos. We protested brfore the games and then went inside and supported our team.

(I can't remember exactly, but wasn't there at least one occasion when we went back around the front for another little protest?).

No history? Fuck off!

The last game you mention I was utterly ashamed to be a City supporter!!
Edgey wasn't a world beater, but he played with utter commitment for our club. The dogs abuse he got was appalling.
Yes agree and still can’t fully understand why? Especially after the way we had backed the team in successive promotions

He tucked united off and enjoyed some of his best years at Chelsea and in Italy, hardly a rags legend, thought he was a very good appointment at the time. Remain convinced with more time he'd have brought us a trophy or two. Realise this is not a popular view

Who did Mark Hughes play for in Italy? Without Googling it, I believe he only played for Barcelona and Bayern Munich overseas.

Above anything else, he was never the Sheikhs man and they wanted their own appointment. We could’ve handled his departure better but he got another job.

Yes agree and still can’t fully understand why? Especially after the way we had backed the team in successive promotions

And in that period Royle pretty much had us playing Kennedy on the left, plus 3 centre-mids and nobody on the right to help Edgehill. But Edgy got the blame despite getting little help.

1996-1999 for me and a little bit of 2006-2007 thrown in. Plenty of signs of lack of direction and mis-management and supporter discourse.

Who did Mark Hughes play for in Italy? Without Googling it, I believe he only played for Barcelona and Bayern Munich overseas.

Above anything else, he was never the Sheikhs man and they wanted their own appointment. We could’ve handled his departure better but he got another job.
Sorry my f**k up it was Spain I meant as an FOC get confused about things. My point was that the rags were only a stop off in a journey man's career, he was no Bobby Charlton. He had decent managerial record before he came to City and I thought he would do a good job for us. The man who signed Vinnie before the money came can't have been all bad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.