What was the most toxic period at City?

As another poster has mentioned. A lot of the hughes era was really exciting. Signing Robinho, Kompany and zaba. Stephen Ireland playing amazing and some of the games were great. Hamburg and Arsenal at home being two of the stand outs

You can also add in the fact we had some of the nicest kits we’ve ever had
None of that matters when you've got that clueless lump of rag shite sat in our dugout.

Fuck Mark Hughes. One of the best days in my city watching life when we binned off that twat and got Bobby Manc in.

Joey Barton-Dabo incident was the low, in terms of toxic, during the season when we had scored 11 goals at home (3 of which were against Fulham, so 8 goals spread out over 18 home league games. Some would have been from pens/free kicks.

A diabolical period. Makes me appreciate what we have now

Three genuinely toxic occasions that I don't think have been mentioned

Half Time at Craven Cottage 83-84 (losing 4-0)
Half Time at Edgeley Park 97-98 (losing 3-0)
Half Time v Coventry 00-01 (abuse for Edghill)
That Fulham game is the only time I got thrown out of a ground by the police. It was during half time and the Fulham stewards took pity on me and let me back into the Fulham section at the start of the second half. As soon as I got in we conceeded the fifth goal and the buggers wouldn't let me back out!

Great moments that season especially Christmas onwards, a real connection between team and fans so wouldn't call it toxic.
Others have sighted Hughes era but he made two of our greatest ever signings,Zabba and Vinnie. Convinced given more time he'd have come good.
Surprised by that. He signed roque santa cruz & Jo. Up there with City's worst signings ever. He was good before he came to City but didn't seem to have a plan apart from sign loads of deadwood & a couple of gems.

We're all waiting.
My favourite moment of the Pearce era was away at Charlton. It was a 0-0 draw and some of the city fans were giving pearce an absolute pasting.
Anyway we got locked in for a half hour afterwards but when the sterwards opened the gate with a clang someone shouted "CHARGE"....Still makes me laugh today. Says it all really.

Various point during the Frank Clarke era hearing City fans singing "you're not fit to wear the shirt" at Maine Road.

Think there is a difference between toxic and depressing. The halifax result was a blow to the ego but I could live with that (Pitch was terrible and they had Big Mals hypnotist to thank for the result - should have paid him on time). The Spurs game was the most painful and depressing individual result I have experienced and still hate Spurs to this day - never enjoy seeing them win but you have to be of a certain age. Most Toxic was definitely the Swales out era in terms of clubs v fanbase with alleged visits to his elderly mum. Longest depressing era (or felt like it) was Frank Clarks tenure as I could not see a way back and it came on the back of a run of Ball, Coppell and Neal. Thought Frank was the last nail in the coffin at the time as he'd blown what money we had on possibly the worst set of signings in the clubs history
It makes today's successes even more unbelievable....I still can't believe where we are...its like I'm living in a big dream....don't wake me up ffs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.