#WhatDidYouDoWhenSergioScored

I remember my 9 year old son next to me repeating "we can't do it now dad" over and over, then Dzeko scored. He looked at me and said "it's to late now isn't it"......I could not reply I was so pissed off and partially guilty that this was making him so upset, and It was my fault he loved City....

When Aguero's shot hit the back of the net there was a total split second silence and I heard that noise of the ball hitting the net (was in north stand right behind goal) I then lose about 30 seconds of my memory but was snapped out of it by my son crying standing next to me, I picked him up while he repeated "we did it, we did it" I asked him was he ok and he told me that about 5 people had picked him up and hugged him...I then collapsed into my seat and remember my heart hurting and thinking well if it goes now at least I saw city win the league...

Also the intensity with which my son supports city went up that day, it's like he suddenly got what it was like to be a real blue.......Great Day and yes the best of my life....

Season ticket was back row 126 right in front of press box , after jumping around like a school kid , turned to assembled press at top of my voice, " now change your fucking headlines "
Which gave me immense pleasure .

I was in disbelief that we'd actually scored so just remember hearing the ball hit the net,next thing I remember I'm on my seat singing SERGIO SERGIO as qpr kicked off. Then reality hit and all I could think of was please don't let them equalise. The greatest moment of my life so far.

citizenblue said:
Was sent to do a lucky wee after Mackie scored and sat in the ladies texting my sister. She'd gone to Gillingham whilst I babysat her kids. I've kept her texts - "believe" "remember Gillingham" so I got back to my seat for Dzeko's goal and when Sergio scored just screamed like the girl I am arms in the air, kiss from my husband and numerous random blokes in CB level 2. Absolutely mental and still cry when I watch it.

As a follow up was at an LA Galaxy game in October in my Silva shirt. Had quite a few beers and after the game was waiting for husband who was in the loo, and saw a whole crowd of rag fans in their tops walking towards the exit. Ran behind them and screamed "AGUEROOOOO!" at the top of my voice. Then said sorry, I couldn't resist and the Galaxy fans applauded, which was nice. The rags didn't seem to find it funny though.

In 117 with my head in my hands with injury time about to begin I heard a woman somewhere in front shout 'fucking remember Gillingham'. The rest is history.

Dzeko scored and was greeted with almost a 'meh' by some to a degree me included.

Kun's goal, all I can remember before it went in was screaming for a pen on Balo.

Then bedlam, tears, laughter, hugs.

The highlight was as I finally left the ground I walked by 112 where my lad was and he was just leaving the ground alone. All of that area had cleared pretty quick. Our eyes met and tears flowed.

Nobody will ever do that again. I laugh at Arsenal's Liverpool title in 1989ish.

Will we ever experience anything like that as City fans again?

At wembley the first trophy for 35 years was just unbelievable, but once we had scored I never ever thought Stoke could beat us.

But the big one was the league. That golden sleeve badge that says 'over 38 games, we were the best team'. It was so tantalisingly close, and we thought it had gone. All that confidence and joy at half time, slowly ebbing away as the minutes and the QPR goals clocked up.

Before Dzeko scored, we all thought it had gone, even those who didn't give up hope. And then, right at the death, that goal.

Reading these memories, it is hard to see how we top this, unless we wait another 40 years for a title. But even if we never top that, that precious moment is one I will always cherish.

Thanks, blues, for recording your memories, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading them.

I got swept down to the barrier at the corner in 142 as Sergio did that tremendous streak past us and nearly went over and onto the pitch (did that properly a few minutes later) with my glasses nearly flying off my face as I screamed and shouted in sheer joy.
Only truly discovered what I did the next day when I found pictures and clips of that magic moment with me included. STUPENDOUS!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.