What's the biggest football rivalry in England? your top 3

Unknown_Genius said:
If we're talking rivalry, and not derbies (both are different), then Man United v Liverpool is the biggest in England.

Hey - genius!?? Read the opening post, then come back to us..............<br /><br />-- Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:58 pm --<br /><br />
Scottyboi said:
Well I fucking hate utd and will to the day I die, I hate having them as friends and would gladly boot the jaw off most of them mib scum.

get some help..................

I know it's not England, but the rivalry or should I say hate (that borders on the insane) in Scotland believe it or not is Aberdeen and Rangers, it's toxic. It surprised me as well but it's bad believe me. It's stems from Fergies time there and the breaking of the Old Firm winning everything and was made worse by a players injury in a game involving the two - not sure who though?

ANY1aBLUE said:
Unknown_Genius said:
If we're talking rivalry, and not derbies (both are different), then Man United v Liverpool is the biggest in England.

Hey - genius!?? Read the opening post, then come back to us..............

Oh, I'm sorry your highness, please forgive me in not naming another two. The one I mentioned, is I feel the biggest, the rest is a bit of a mish mash, as some teams have more than one rival, and they're all on a similar level regarding hate.

I went to a couple of Bristol derbies with my cousins when I was at Uni down there at the turn of the 90s and they were absolutely fucking mental. Brawling in the streets before and after the game and in the stands during it, pitch invasions, the lot. Like Blackburn and Burnley, they don't play each other very often, which seems. to make things worse.
I blame the cider....

Solihull Samba Boys said:
Villa v Birmingham isn't that big a rivalry compared to some others in the thread. Sure there was that incident last year with the pitch invasion, but for a night time kick off when everyone is smashed and coked up, and Birmingham have more than their fair share of nutters. But living where I do I think outside of matchday the rivalry is considerably less than City and rags, Liverpool Everton, Arsenal Spurs, anyone and Leeds etc. I had plenty of Birmingham and Villa fans expressing their shock pre Champions League final that I'd want Barcelona to win, saying they'd always support the English/Midlands team, and I had one guy have a right go at me after the game when I had my Barcelona shirt on and a big grin on my mug, telling me I was a disgrace for not supporting the English team, and how he couldn't fathom how I could want the rags to lose.

Then they have no clue what a rivalry is then. Seems that the Villa and Birmingham is more like a love fest than a rivalry. Good on you for wearing the Barca shirt. I would never want to see the rags win any game...ever.

peoffrey said:
Skashion said:
mcfcliam said:
Millwall vs West Ham? Just because of one night?

No mate, because of Green Street...

LOL! Millwall v West Ham is more than one night. It goes off regularly. Even when there isn't a fixture. They just seem to bump in to eachother.

I've seen reports of Millwall - West Ham kicking off in the early 1900s, the rivalry became toxic after the General Strike - the West Ham supporting dockers struck, the ones from south of the river didn't.

I lived in Lewisham for 10 years before I moved to Switzerland and Deptford was a part of the borough to avoid on match days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.