What's the most trouble you've witnessed following City?

disley blue boy said:
got caught in the middle of a mounted police charge at the back of the kippax after a game v crystal palace in 87 i think,this was the game where eric nixon got sent off ,and ian wright and mark bright had been winding us up all game

I was in that as well got a truncheon on my head off a mounted copper wouldn't mind but was just trying to get out of the way

nij said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Any trip to Leeds in the 80's was scary,as was West Ham and Millwall.
Stoke is a horrible place - their 'crew' are all grandfathers in their 50's who haven't heard that football violence is passe nowadays.
Cardiff could be hairy too.
They hate everyone,even other Welsh people.

got that t shirt - in recent times the battle of dollis hill fa cup semi last year was horendous - chelsea away we won 4.2 the season before two lone rags manage to cause havoc on the tube the chelsea fans were great - the rags were there for the CC final next day you could not write the script two years in a row in london and its rags cuasing the havoc

-- Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm --

mancunial said:
Ask any of the older guys about forest away 69 to mid 70s, been on some scary trips there, but their again Leeds stoke were great training for the military?

yep been there too the bridge was the flash point seen more than one hit the water

I used to hate crossing that bridge after a Forest game, it nearly always kicked off. The FA Cup game there in '74 where we got stuffed 4-1 was particularly nasty inside the ground, as I recall the segregation was almost non-existent.

Sunderland was another iffy trip in those days, had my car's tailgate window put through as I was setting off back after a midweek match in the 80s. Ended up parking in the cop shop yard for safety while I waited for autoglass to turn up!

blue underpants said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
blue underpants said:
Newcaste away about 1974 city had about a thousand lads in the open gallowgate end with no segregation at all, just as the match kicked off all their nutters piled in and i remember they were all dressed the same donkey jackets and steel toe capped wellies and boots.
They completely surrounded us about two thousand of them and it kicked off good style they thought city were going to run and crap it they were wrong a well known city lad from them days called Shamus Bell RIP stood on a crash barrier and launched himself right into the middle of them absolute mayhem followed all the first half with the coppers doing nothing to stop it, half time city were kept on the terraces geordies allowed at the back to refuel on beer.
Second half was just as bad but city again held their own right to full time when we all came out city split in two coaches and train i was on the train lucky enoughas most of citys hard cases were on the train, it was one mass running brawl all the way to the station again city never took a backward step and even piled into the huge pub opposite the station and took on the geordies in there they were amazed as nobody ever went up there and did what city did that day.
When we finally got on the train most lads had blood on them or torn clothing iv never seen anything like that day before or since
Was that the FA Cup game?
Im not dead sure prestwich it was that long ago but now you mention it im pretty sure it was as city didnt really take biggish mobs away in them days but did in cup games
I asked because I went up there for an FA Cup tie and there was a lot of trouble. The City fans were in the corner of the Gallowgate end but the home fans there behind the goal were too tightly packed in so they had to move them out and put them in the more sparsely populated City section. Fighting broke out and I think the game was suspended while they sorted it out.

There was a line of coppers across the pitch and some loony legged it out of the Leazes, presumably thinking the rest would follow, and launched himself on the coppers. Sadly he was all alone and they gave him a good kicking in the centre circle.

Luckily we had seats so were alright but when we stopped at Catterick on the way back, most of the Blues we saw were covered in blood or had black eyes.

Marvin said:
Millwall at home in the old North Stand at Maine Rd.

I was right at the back of the stand and in the seat next to Millwall and it was chaos from the moment I took my seat. The Millwall fans swept the stewards aside and occupied the seats normally covered by netting so they were in my face for about 75 mins.

Stuck it out until Terry Cooke scored City's third in the 2nd half. At that point coins and seats started flying and at point-blank range. Almost impossible to move in an all-seater stadium with all the seats filled. Scary. Riot Police ended up battering Millwall

I remember watching them from the Kippax being marched up claremont rd after the match had started. A proper mob!

Next thing they come piling through the the back of the north stand and knew it was only a matter of time till it went off.

Seeing them get absolutly twatted by the old bill that day is one of my best memories of Maine Rd.

Mainly 90s and 00s for me, seen lots, but ones that stand out for different reasons

Battle of The Brittania, wrong end, wrong time.

Leeds in an FA cup game at home where GMP reported a "tumulus" afterwards

Hamburg pre season friendly, St Pauli in the early hours of the morning and Hamburg in "Boggart Hole Clough" after game, mullets, taches and Dungarees.

Utd on Science park, 40 either side my arse, Boom Boom.

Millwall home and away

Various first division teams bouncing outside Maine Rd when visiting thinking the big club didn't have any lads and then promptly finding them, normally on Yew Tree Rd. Burnley, Gillingham and most vividly about 100 Rotherham trying to squeeze on to a double decker when they realised they'd bit off more than they could chew.

lancs blue said:
I used to hate crossing that bridge after a Forest game, it nearly always kicked off. The FA Cup game there in '74 where we got stuffed 4-1 was particularly nasty inside the ground, as I recall the segregation was almost non-existent.

That FA Cup game you mention at Forest , in 1974 was absolute murder ..... it was a Sunday , and they were hell bent on trouble ..... the police protection was very poor , and Forest fans seemed to move around the ground at will , only small fences were in place which they easily scaled ........ before we knew it they had surrounded us in one corner of the ground , and people were climbing floodlights to get out the way of the trouble.

They bombarded our coach with bricks both going into Nottingham , and leaving it ....

in those days Forest were a real bad bunch ... the following round of the cup (after they'd knocked us out 4-1) , took them up to Newcastle and a few fans were stabbed that day in the ground.

Anyone remember when City fans tried to storm the entrance of the Main Stand when Swales was in charge? Demos were going on for weeks, then it all kicked off properly after a night match(can't remember who we played)

Hundreds protesting, then the steel barriers in front of the main stand got pushed over and everyone surged towards the Main stand entrance. The metal gates at the enterance had already been closed, so nobody could get in.

The police came charging in and all hell broke loose. There were running battles along Maine Road, with bricks flying towards the police, who were trying to force City fans back onto Claremont Road.

I think the expressions on the faces says it all.

7dvKZ.jpg

TBF to Swales he was City through and through and he didn't deserve the abuse he got.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBm3aKteeL0&feature=watch_response[/youtube]

Elland Road when we put them out of the cup in the 70s. Despite the old bill telling us there'd be buses back to the station there wasn't. Me and brother-in-law were chased down the mway, found the train lines into the centre, ran up the lines to the platform just as the special was pulling out half-empty! Service train back through Bratford, scarves down legs of jeans, blades being waved about at obvious civilians by the shithouses, most of them got off at Bratford, we start singing as the train pulls in to Victoria, about 50 rags waiting on the platform. To be fair they just asked us about it as they'd heard about it on the news. Never felt so glad to get back to the local in one piece. Happy days!!

Oh and the Greyhound on the East Lancs in Leigh after the cup quarter-final at Goodison in '81... anyone else in there? Never seen so much blood come out of one head!!

black mamba said:
lancs blue said:

That FA Cup game you mention at Forest , in 1974 was absolute murder ..... it was a Sunday , and they were hell bent on trouble ..... the police protection was very poor , and Forest fans seemed to move around the ground at will , only small fences were in place which they easily scaled ........ before we knew it they had surrounded us in one corner of the ground , and people were climbing floodlights to get out the way of the trouble.

They bombarded our coach with bricks both going into Nottingham , and leaving it ....

in those days Forest were a real bad bunch ... the following round of the cup (after they'd knocked us out 4-1) , took them up to Newcastle and a few fans were stabbed that day in the ground.

Aye, that Newcastle-Forest tie was ordered to be replayed on a neutral ground after the crowd trouble during the match.<br /><br />-- Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:34 pm --<br /><br />
jrb said:
TBF to Swales he was City through and through and he didn't deserve the abuse he got.
I'm sorry, I know he was a dedicated Blue but he did deserve it, he nearly drove the club into oblivion because of his ego and his incompetence.

lancs blue said:
black mamba said:
lancs blue said:

Aye, that Newcastle-Forest tie was ordered to be replayed on a neutral ground after the crowd trouble during the match.

-- Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:34 pm --

jrb said:
I'm sorry, I know he was a dedicated Blue but he did deserve it, he nearly drove the club into oblivion because of his ego and his incompetence.

I agree to a point. If he would have gone quickly and quietly, he wouldn't have suffered so much abuse.

Saying that, wouldn't you hold on to Manchester City football Club for as long as possible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.