What's the most trouble you've witnessed following City?

Bluescholar said:
Way too many to mention,many named are classics,
anyone remember any of these alternatives...

Grimsby away 83
Forest away in 70s
Barnsley home Fa cup
Spurs at home in cup,the trouble after that was madness.

Think league game at OT in 86 gets my vote tho,chaos,and nasty chaos as well!

What went on there?

Live_Forever said:
Bluescholar said:

Grimsby away 83
Forest away in 70s
Barnsley home Fa cup

What went on there?
we got kippered!

Apart from many of those already mentioned, I remember an FA Cup tie at Anfield in 1973, finished 0-0. City took about 12,000 fans and unbelievably on the same day just across Stanley Park Everton were playing Millwall in the Cup. All the coaches for City, Millwall plus the scousers supporters buses were parked on Priory Road. As you might guess after the matches finished it was total mayhem, Stanley Park was like a battlefield the coppers were hopelessly outnumbered and were running up and down trying to deal with one scrap after another and of course on Priory Road windows were put through on a lot of the coaches. Even by the policing standards of the 70s that was one dumb decision to allow both games on the same day.

Live_Forever said:
Bluescholar said:

Grimsby away 83
Forest away in 70s
Barnsley home Fa cup

What went on there?

Wasn't that mostly City versus the coppers IIRC?

happy said:
I don't expect anybody else will remember but we played Breda in a pre-season friendly and they were crackpots.

YES! 1980
I travelled over with the Leicester and Rugby branch of the supporters club and we found ourselves in the same hotel as the players! (The Novotel)
At the game it kicked off after about a minute in their end.

After the game, we were all in the hotel bar, sat with Swales, Tony Book and Malcolm Allison. Around midnight, the players had gone to bed, this lad, George from Derby, who was on our bus, walks in, proudly declaring he was nicked during the fracas in the early minutes of the game..... claimed he made out he just didn't understand a word the Dutch police were trying to say to him and eventually they let him go as a result.
Then he opens his donkey jacket up and says (in front of Swales, Book and Allison and the branch committee) ''they didn't search me and find this'' - as he pulled out a hammer from a secret pocket and waved it around!!

Barnsley away 2000, lost 2-1. They ran out of pies at half-time, some idiots started causing aggro resulting in the shutters being put down to the bars. Then people started banging on the shutters causing SYP to come charging us in full riot gear. One of my mates got hit on the head with a baton.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
inglebert said:
i remember watching city fans rioting down the back of the kippax at half time against everton in the early eighties, that was a proper eye opener, coppers being dragged off horses, absolute bedlam

You sure that wasn't the Platt Lane stand, midweek game in spring 83? We played the rags on the Saturday after
I was sat in the middle, the Toffee twats had come into the stand at the last minute and congregated at the front in the corner where the away fans stood in the Kippax.
The City boys followed them in and sat right at the back. The next thing, after a few minutes, Everton had a good chance and their fans jumped up thinking they had scored.
Then the City lads ran over the benches, led by Mikey (can't recall his surname) and the Toffee twats were smacked good and proper. They tried to climb the fence to get onto the pitch but were dragged down and given a hiding. The police horses came onto the pitch but were the wrong side of the fence!

Worst I ever saw though was West Ham at home, big number in the Main Stand and the meeting up on Maine Road after and charging down.... I was the last to get into the side entrance of the social club before the doors were shut! Those left outside got a hiding.
The following year, they tried it again but Moss Side turned out in force and they were smacked all over the place, wearing yellow Slazenger jumpers which gave them away!
might of been the same game, i also recall everton in the platt lane early eighties, but this rioting went on at the back of the kippax inside the ground, i remember watching it from the steps that led down thinking this is fucking chaos; dibble were getting tattered, i remember west ham in there diamond pringles too lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.