What's the problem(s)?

Every team is built on the defence.

I think we might actually have done a job in the window in bringing in Ake and Dias.

I like Ake because he's a really honest team player. I would like Pep to find a place in the team for him although Laporte / Dias look the most secure positions.

City's squad has so much talent in it. If we can get a settled defence out on the pitch, the rest will come good.

It's our central midfield which is the problem.

The defence is too exposed and teams just cut right through with ease.

We used to created chances at will, incredible pace on the flanks, Sane and Sterling devastating, amazing creativity in the CM, silva, Bernardo and KDB.

We look devoid of ideas at times and the sparkle has long left this side.

We may soon have a defence for the first time in a long time, so getting back the creative spark may be what determines the season.

Yep. Too slow

I don’t want to bang in about it but Rodders is a fundamental problem as he simply cannot run - and we aren’t pressing from the front and having full backs caught high up the pitch

Yesterday though, Leeds actually made a few moves which were worthy of being called 'difficult' & barring Mendy stopping absolutely nothing at left back, we defended most of it successfully. It was a keeper mistake which cost us.

I can't remember the last time a team asked us genuine questions defensively & we came up with an answer.

Usually they do the most obvious, basic, shite & run straight through.

I think we are close to having a defence.

Walker has been one of our most consistent players since he was brought in so I can't really agree with this.

He did make numerous mistakes during the lockdown period I agree but I'm satisfied Pep and the club will have dealt with it internally and I'm happy with that.

In a time when we can look at the majority of our full backs currently and have major questions, Walker shouldn't ever be in the equation of whether we should get rid. People point to the lack of attacking output, the occasional brain fart but I would be genuinely interested to hear which RB or LB in the world doesn't come with their weaknesses.
Walker is a very good player, consistent, passionate and never hides.

Before we do anything else pep needs to sign a new contract or inform the club of his intentions.

If he can't or won't we need to start looking for a new manager and installing him asap.

Stability starts at the top, all this dithering about will Messi come, will pep/aguero stay needs to be put to bed.

Well you're a little ray of sunshine aren't you.
I tell it how I see it, after the CAS the result last season I expected this club to come out fighting, guns ablazing.

We have seen the opposite, the poor performance from all involved in Portugal against Lyon the bollocks from the media, hesitation in getting our targets in early, and a general feeling of change has fallen over the club.

We have become meek and mild on and off the pitch and the we are disrespected off it alarmingly.

And the biggest worry on the latter is the lack of a fight back from the top of the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.