What's the problem(s)?

The problem is watching City on the telly. I've probably watched them on the telly, men, women and kids, more since lockdown than probably in the last ten years. I missed the Arse game 'cos faith deserted me for a day, and they win. Every other game I have watched has been mentally painful. Games we should have won, games we did win but made a fuckin' seven course meal of it, games the ref fucked us over, games where we didn't turn up, let alone click. I have two more games today - the women, which gets onto BBC, not because we have TWO Yanqui World Cup Winners, but because Harringay have ONE!, and the kids v EFC. Win or lose, if it's another couple of examples of turgid, torrid televisuals, I shall stick to the MDC until we get back into the ground!
Yx5y6bQQXZ1W.gif

Every team is built on the defence.

I think we might actually have done a job in the window in bringing in Ake and Dias.

I like Ake because he's a really honest team player. I would like Pep to find a place in the team for him although Laporte / Dias look the most secure positions.

City's squad has so much talent in it. If we can get a settled defence out on the pitch, the rest will come good.

When we get to about 10 games I will be able to tell if there are problems and discuss them. With no pre season, injuries, covid positives. Players still arriving and making their debuts. 2 tough away games, remember we lost to Wolves last season.Too early to say.

We’d already lost the title 10 games in last season. We’d already lost 2 games. We’ve lost many games since then. We have lots of problems, still.

We’d already lost the title 10 games in last season. We’d already lost 2 games. We’ve lost many games since then. We have lots of problems, still.
Guess we’ll see. Last season is gone we have new players, after 10 games we’ll be able to say if we are better than last season.
Not sure how deciding now we definitely won’t be better and getting worked up over it helps make football any better for you, or others but whatever.

Walker has never been class. Should have been sacked by the club in 2020.
Walker has been one of our most consistent players since he was brought in so I can't really agree with this.

He did make numerous mistakes during the lockdown period I agree but I'm satisfied Pep and the club will have dealt with it internally and I'm happy with that.

In a time when we can look at the majority of our full backs currently and have major questions, Walker shouldn't ever be in the equation of whether we should get rid. People point to the lack of attacking output, the occasional brain fart but I would be genuinely interested to hear which RB or LB in the world doesn't come with their weaknesses.

Every team is built on the defence.

I think we might actually have done a job in the window in bringing in Ake and Dias.

I like Ake because he's a really honest team player. I would like Pep to find a place in the team for him although Laporte / Dias look the most secure positions.

City's squad has so much talent in it. If we can get a settled defence out on the pitch, the rest will come good.
I agree that good teams are built on the defence, but I can't shake the feeling that we could buy the best defenders in the world and still come a cropper because of the way we set up. They've no protection.

I am not talking about the CB's.

The back four that ended last nights game is quality, I think we are set at last, about time to.

I have no panic , I simply see a team and club in decline, I don't like the way the club is going the last 12 months, as said before we are becoming reactive not proactive.

There is a very different feel about the club and not one I like.,
Well you're a little ray of sunshine aren't you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.