What's the problem(s)?

Yep. Too slow

I don’t want to bang in about it but Rodders is a fundamental problem as he simply cannot run - and we aren’t pressing from the front and having full backs caught high up the pitch

In fairness it's the overall system that leaves him and the defence exposed . Lack of killer instinct upfront is only highlighting it as an issue now

Yep. Too slow

I don’t want to bang in about it but Rodders is a fundamental problem as he simply cannot run - and we aren’t pressing from the front and having full backs caught high up the pitch
Rodri is a class player, one big positive yesterday for me, but he needs pace alongside him, put Bernardo and KDB with him and we have a quality midfield.

There are plenty of problems at the moment, but our finishing is costing us badly.
23 attempts only 2 on target seems to be a reoccurring theme from last season.
I think pep thought we could probably win this game 5-4 the way we went about it,
but sadly our finishing isn't there to be outscoring our opponents again.

I tell it how I see it, after the CAS the result last season I expected this club to come out fighting, guns ablazing.

We have seen the opposite, the poor performance from all involved in Portugal against Lyon the bollocks from the media, hesitation in getting our targets in early, and a general feeling of change has fallen over the club.

We have become meek and mild on and off the pitch and the we are disrespected off it alarmingly.

And the biggest worry on the latter is the lack of a fight back from the top of the club.
MCFC is a football club not a commando unit. Txiki & Ferran's job is to get the players in, and the criticism ebbs and flows based on results of the squad they have acquired.

The problem is that the damage is done already.

We can realistically afford to drop points in 6 games if we want to challenge for the title, we've already dropped points in 2 and we're only 3 games in - non of which have been against a top 4 side.

Yes, we've been unlucky yet again with injuries to key players, but why is that a surprise? We have injury prone players.

To say "wait til Liverpool have our kind of injuries" is stupid as well and is just a way of avoiding blaming our set up. They don't get injuries. People should just accept that and stop moaning about how unfair it is.

The posts in this and the match thread are not an over-reaction, we need to stop comparing ourselves to 2017-19, this season just looks like a continuation of last season, with the trajectory heading further down, not up.

MCFC is a football club not a commando unit. Txiki & Ferran's job is to get the players in, and the criticism ebbs and flows based on results of the squad they have acquired.
Ferran the CEO the guy that is invisible when the whole world takes the piss out of this club.?

This club does not get respect, respect earnt, do you agree?

Would you agree it's the duty of the CEO to fight back ?

Last week after Leicester we had a problem. The window was shutting and one year on from Kompany's retirement we had still to replace him.

Perhaps we've at last addressed the achilles heel from last season. If we have, that's it. This squad when its fit does not have a problem scoring goals. We score 100 a season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.