What's the 'roughest' area in GTR MCR

Re: What's the 'roguhest' area in GTR MCR

Longsight in the mid 80s. When the turf war was on with the Hooch gang. I worked in a school and you saw plod patrolling with Guns across their chests.

dazdon said:
Spent all of my childhood in Baguley and Woodhouse park and it was brilliant.

Langley however was a shit tip full of aimless 6 fingered smackheads who'd rob you for the price of a spliff.

I grew up in Baguley. Fucking loved the place. Still got family there, and in Benchill.

Pubs always had a worse reputation than deserved. The Black Boy is a belter of a pub.

RP2 said:
dazdon said:

Langley however was a shit tip full of aimless 6 fingered smackheads who'd rob you for the price of a spliff.

I grew up in Baguley. Fucking loved the place. Still got family there, and in Benchill.

Pubs always had a worse reputation than deserved. The Black Boy is a belter of a pub.
Was my local when I worked on the industrial estate there.

I remember getting a doing, sparkled out and woke up in the road with a swollen head just for being drunk and an easy target when I fell out of the gardeners a bit further up the road in Northern Moor. I've always liked Wythenshawe though. The pubs there have always provided rewarding experiences, especially the Silver Birch where it's perfectly acceptable to be bladdered at four on a Tuesday afternoon plus I have family and friends down there.

StrangewaysHereWeCome said:
RP2 said:
dazdon said:

Was my local when I worked on the industrial estate there.

I remember getting a doing, sparkled out and woke up in the road with a swollen head just for being drunk and an easy target when I fell out of the gardeners a bit further up the road in Northern Moor. I've always liked Wythenshawe though. The pubs there have always provided rewarding experiences, especially the Silver Birch where it's perfectly acceptable to be bladdered at four on a Tuesday afternoon plus I have family and friends down there.

Didnt think the Gardeners was like that!! Always just been old folk in when Ive stopped by

denislawsbackheel said:
Longsight in the mid 80s. When the turf war was on with the Hooch gang. I worked in a school and you saw plod patrolling with Guns across their chests.

Do you mean the Gooch gang?
Or was there another group of wrong 'uns who drank a vast amount of alcoholic lemonade before threatening folk?

I see Darnhill mentioned a lot, it's always been a bit rough, but not as bad as people are making out. I went to school there, played there, and knew loads of people who lived there. I've woken up there a few times too and had to do the walk of shame in the morning.

I grew up in Gorton in the fifties and sixties when every street looked like Coronation Street.

Most people were skint, but were the salt of the earth types, (with a few exceptions)

Don't recognise the place now, went back last week and got lost, a large percentage has been been knocked down...:)

I think the area around Strangeways, and parts of Cheetham Hill, Heywood, Bacup and Wythenshawe are pretty scary, but, like most things, you can't generalise, plenty of nice people live there too. Of course any Bluemooners who live in those areas are sound, that goes without saying..........

pinocchio.gif

The worst estate ive ever seen was Gorsey Bank in Cheadle Heath. They knocked the whole estate down and moved most of them next door to the Swythamely estate. Gypsies moved onto the old estate but soon left as they kelt getting robbed.

Yea Darnhill was much more worse years gone by.
The high-rise flats have been pulled down, with a new private estate being built where the highschool was.
With Heywood being a Mill Town it suffered heavily with drugs/crime when they started closing down.

Back of the Moss still has its bad eggs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.