What's the 'roughest' area in GTR MCR

Re: What's the 'roguhest' area in GTR MCR

BlueBearBoots said:
would feel safer in a pub in Moss Side than in the depths of wythenshawe![/quot

lived in Wythenshawe most of my life, am 39 now and spent 31 of those living in Wythenshawe, never had any trouble in any pub or anywhere else, I think like anywhere if you grow up around the area you know the people and they know you:-)

u2fme2 said:
clayton. us lot from droylsden won't i fence up to keep them out
I live in Clayton and I'm coming for you

Why Always Ste said:
Yea Darnhill was much more worse years gone by.
The high-rise flats have been pulled down, with a new private estate being built where the highschool was.
With Heywood being a Mill Town it suffered heavily with drugs/crime when they started closing down.

Back of the Moss still has its bad eggs.

I was talking about when the high rises where still there. Back o the moss is a hole, but there are still some decent folk who live there.

Darnhill got a reputation because it was a Manchester overspill estate. Heywood was like you say, a typical Lancashire mill town. There was a lot of friction between the two for a long time.

blue12 said:
I work with teenagers from the gorton, openshaw and clayton areas aged between 11 and 16 years old and it is scary what the future holds.
Unfortunately there are far to many wanna be gangsters in manchester and certain kids i speak to think its a great life to lead.
So i would say there are plenty of rough areas in manc whether its north,south or east.

Considering this post was made in 2010 (page 3) and with what happened in Clayton and Droylsden, blue12 called it spot on IMO.

Challenger1978 said:
blue12 said:
I work with teenagers from the gorton, openshaw and clayton areas aged between 11 and 16 years old and it is scary what the future holds.
Unfortunately there are far to many wanna be gangsters in manchester and certain kids i speak to think its a great life to lead.
So i would say there are plenty of rough areas in manc whether its north,south or east.

Considering this post was made in 2010 (page 3) and with what happened in Clayton and Droylsden, blue12 called it spot on IMO.

You aren't in Clayton anymore are you ?

bobmcfc said:
Challenger1978 said:
blue12 said:

No but i still know a lot of people down there (friends/family) that i go visiting from time to time. I have been told it's got a lot better recently though.

EDIT: Has it got better recently ?

Challenger1978 said:
bobmcfc said:
Challenger1978 said:

No but i still know a lot of people down there (friends/family) that i go visiting from time to time. I have been told it's got a lot better recently though.

EDIT: Has it got better recently ?

It's not too bad, had the police in my garden on Sunday, and again about half an our ago but that's normal here

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
I grew up in Gorton in the fifties and sixties when every street looked like Coronation Street.

Most people were skint, but were the salt of the earth types, (with a few exceptions)

Don't recognise the place now, went back last week and got lost, a large percentage has been been knocked down...:)

I think the area around Strangeways, and parts of Cheetham Hill, Heywood, Bacup and Wythenshawe are pretty scary, but, like most things, you can't generalise, plenty of nice people live there too. Of course any Bluemooners who live in those areas are sound, that goes without saying..........

pinocchio.gif
I also grew up there in the early fifties and sixties what part were you from mate also do you remember Tom's chippy and the chapel house pub.

BlueBearBoots said:
StrangewaysHereWeCome said:
RP2 said:
I grew up in Baguley. Fucking loved the place. Still got family there, and in Benchill.

Pubs always had a worse reputation than deserved. The Black Boy is a belter of a pub.
Was my local when I worked on the industrial estate there.

I remember getting a doing, sparkled out and woke up in the road with a swollen head just for being drunk and an easy target when I fell out of the gardeners a bit further up the road in Northern Moor. I've always liked Wythenshawe though. The pubs there have always provided rewarding experiences, especially the Silver Birch where it's perfectly acceptable to be bladdered at four on a Tuesday afternoon plus I have family and friends down there.

Didnt think the Gardeners was like that!! Always just been old folk in when Ive stopped by
lol. This happenbed further up after I'd left the Gardeners. Moorcroft, some right scrotums around there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.