What's the 'roughest' area in GTR MCR

Re: What's the 'roguhest' area in GTR MCR

Tueartsoverhead kick said:
nashark said:
I've just heard that there's been a stabbing at the Ben Brierley. There's nothing on the news as of yet.

That would be hard seeing its a citizens advise place now !! lol

I meant outside of it. That was the rumour on facebook before although I can't find anything on the news.

Pigeonho said:
pominoz said:
The Ben Brierley,bloody hell that takes me back.
I also lived in the flats opposite The Clough Hotel,before moving out to Australia,again a great pub and area.
Must be terrible swapping The Clough for Melbourne? ;-)The Ben has been shut for a bit now, as has the Museum. The bottom end of 'The Lane' is now all carribean cafe's, hair dressers etc. Not that there's anything wrong with that mind, its just completely different now. The ex's gran is old school and Moston Lane back in her day in the 50's and 60's was where everyone went to do their shopping, have a pint etc. She refuses to go down there now. If you remember Claremont Rd and the streets off it, that is what Moston Lane now resembles.

I know,but i just grin and bare it.
The things we do,eh?

From my time as a delivery area m9 and m40 were worst(moston, harpurhey, etc), brinny is bad and also dint like doing longsight to be honest and before u ask where I'm from..........sunny Denton

nashark said:
Tueartsoverhead kick said:
That would be hard seeing its a citizens advise place now !! lol

I meant outside of it. That was the rumour on facebook before although I can't find anything on the news.

Nothing on the news but there was definately an incident early hours of yesterday morning there as you couldn't get past the Ben as it was cordoned off

Mostons not a bad place but like a lot of places in Manchester theres a lot of knobheads

Failsworth_Blue said:
Mostons not a bad place but like a lot of places in Manchester theres a lot of knobheads

There's a lot of good people, too. I've got vivid memories of volunteers who dedicated their lives to helping others with no reward for themselves. We knew all our Neighbours etc.

I no longer live in Manchester and the lack of social cohesion in the area I now call home is astonishing. You get silent treatment in shops. No-one chats whilst waiting for the Bus.

peoffrey said:
I no longer live in Manchester and the lack of social cohesion in the area I now call home is astonishing. You get silent treatment in shops. No-one chats whilst waiting for the Bus.
Where about's you living now?

Growing up near 'the front' in moss-side was interesting to say the least!
Watching the riots from my bedroom window as a 10yr old was a real eye opener,and frightening! The majority of folk around the moss in them days though were salt of the earth types, with a real community spirit,which these days no longer seems to exist.
Moss-side precinct was really naughty and Hulme was always dog rough, infact it was so rough, it was almost beautiful!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.