What's up with Sturridge?

There's been rumours Liverpool would accept £30m in the summer for him.

Would any club gamble though?

Seems far too injury prone at the present moment.

Can't see any PL side paying half of this! He gets back to contention and then bingo - 'nother few weeks on the table. Can't remember his time at CFC being like this. He didn't play much 'cos there was a regular column in KotK where the author plotted how many minutes he was on the pitch and how many minutes and £s per goal.

I think his days with Klippity are numbered.

It is pretty clear why he left us. At the time he was a fringe first teamer similar to Nacho now who had a stela youth career with us. His contract was up and Chelsea were offering X and we were offering Y. He and his agent did not attach much significance to what either club could offer outside of wages as he chose Chelsea where he had much less chance of regular football and there seemed to be no other horses in the race.

Circa 7 years down the line and he has been on big wages ever since so I guess in one respect you can’t blame him although on the field it has been very stop start. I might be tempted to have him back on the right deal. If you get him fit you have a top striker who is also home grown.

So no one understands why sterling & delph are vilified but because the kid from the midlands who spent about 3 years at city decided to leave he's an arrogant tosspot.

Personally I'd have him back for 10m & use him for 20 mins here & there.

I think people need to get over Sturridge leaving us. It's nearly 7 years now and while we never got the full story as to why he left, there were reports linking him to Chelsea way back as far as 2006 before he'd even broken into our first team. With that in mind, I think he'd agreed to join Chelsea years before he left us and while the ADUG takeover happened in his last season with us we were still way behind them on the pitch so even though we were suddenly in a position to offer him better terms to stay, it was probably a case of "after the horse has bolted" with his mind already long made up.

I think people need to get over Sturridge leaving us. It's nearly 7 years now and while we never got the full story as to why he left, there were reports linking him to Chelsea way back as far as 2006 before he'd even broken into our first team. With that in mind, I think he'd agreed to join Chelsea years before he left us and while the ADUG takeover happened in his last season with us we were still way behind them on the pitch so even though we were suddenly in a position to offer him better terms to stay, it was probably a case of "after the horse has bolted" with his mind already long made up.

I suspect that this is correct. Moreover, the ADUG takeover probably eroded the one big factor we might have relied on to persuade him to stay. Previously, we might have convinced him that, at Chelsea, they'd be bound to buy stars as a result of their wealth, whereas, in City's position, we'd have to rely on our best kids. Once ADUG rocked up, he probably thought we were just as likely as Chelsea to make expensive signings who might block his route into the team.

He's a very good player. But in the event liverpool were willing to let him go, given they're already short on fire power and given how the the Sterling transfer played out, that would say an awful lot to me about how bad they believe his injury problems to be. It's always tempting to think it's worth a punt on players like this and that maybe moving clubs might be some kind of injury-free fresh start, but when I look at our own injury prone players like Aguero and Kompany, I just think they're always going to struggle. I can't see the likes of sturridge, wilshere or carroll ever getting through a whole season without without at least one lengthy layoff.

Very strange this whole thing. When he is on the field, he seems demanding and like he wants it. He wants to shine and score, and when he plays he does. He is obviously class. A very good player.

But maybe he just really is that injury prone. Im uncomfortable with fans diagnosing him from the comfort of our armchairs. He is opposite of Suarez who I can't recall ever being injured (sure he has).

I suspect he breaks down in training, that's the issue. Difference is that unlike Rodgers, Klopps not going to just throw him in?

Like a lot of people have said, IF his injury problems improved I would love him back here. But our record with injuries the past few years has been nothing short of disastrous so the last thing we need is yet another injury prone player. Mind you it would soften the blow the next time Sergio gets injured if his replacement was a fully fit Sturridge rather than Bony...

Remember the day Robinho scored the hattrick vs Stoke (I think). Daniel's link-up play with him was superb that day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.