When did it all start to go wrong?

Imo the way we played in Charity Shield game. The way Wenger easily got his tactics right, while we hardly got going in that game. Look at Arsenal since than, probably finishing 2nd + potential another Fa Cup glory, for us its the hope to finish 4th and thats it.

In the summer once again we thought we dont need a big signing, but 4-5 to make the squad depth better...
No, no, no, no, no. Do that and you end up like us. But blaming transfers only would be foolish.

Teams figured Pellegrini out, Rooney said yesterday that he knows some City players dont track back and dont like to defend and they thought they could punish us trough that.

Very similar was said by a CSKa player before we played them two times this season.

These teams watch us, spot our weaknesses and then punish us.

Pelle does absolutely nothing about it, he actually lets it happen week after week.

Prestwich_Blue said:
I'd just like to make it clear, as I said to another poster in a pm, that Mancini had us much better organised than Pellegrini has ever achieved. As a highly paid professional there is no excuse for the seeming lack of organisation and preparation that our team currently exhibits. So I've no problem with Mancini from a pure footballing viewpoint.

I said my view was that it all started to unravel during the second half in Moscow this season and that hasn't changed. But where it all started to go wrong as a club was in the immediate aftermath of the 2012 title win. It's been mentioned on here before but Mancini handed his notice in in the days following that, largely over his refusal to work under a DoF. We spent 2 months trying to persuade him to stay and had a poor summer in the transfer market as a result. We also went into the new season with two key people, one of who wouldn't work with the other, which clearly impacted us and led to the farce of the FA Cup final. Pellegrini was a stop-gap who had any initial impact but eventually has undone the organisation of the team under Mancini. What we need to start getting back on track is a clear out of those senior players who won't give 100% every game, together with a youngish manager who can man-manage effectively and can build a new, younger squad that can perform as a team. I'd take a trophy-less season or two if that set us up for the longer term.
That's a better balanced post which is hard to disagree with.

Prestwich_Blue said:
I'd just like to make it clear, as I said to another poster in a pm, that Mancini had us much better organised than Pellegrini has ever achieved. As a highly paid professional there is no excuse for the seeming lack of organisation and preparation that our team currently exhibits. So I've no problem with Mancini from a pure footballing viewpoint.

I said my view was that it all started to unravel during the second half in Moscow this season and that hasn't changed. But where it all started to go wrong as a club was in the immediate aftermath of the 2012 title win. It's been mentioned on here before but Mancini handed his notice in in the days following that, largely over his refusal to work under a DoF. We spent 2 months trying to persuade him to stay and had a poor summer in the transfer market as a result. We also went into the new season with two key people, one of who wouldn't work with the other, which clearly impacted us and led to the farce of the FA Cup final. Pellegrini was a stop-gap who had any initial impact but eventually has undone the organisation of the team under Mancini. What we need to start getting back on track is a clear out of those senior players who won't give 100% every game, together with a youngish manager who can man-manage effectively and can build a new, younger squad that can perform as a team. I'd take a trophy-less season or two if that set us up for the longer term.

I agree with that except I would have got rid of the DOF and kept Mancini ;-)

KnaresboroughBlue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

i agree and said so at the time. worse decision since we sacked joe mercer.

Frank Lampard
His signing was seen as a genius move but it was exactly the opposite.
He plastered over the cracks which were there for all to see early season and typified the 'no clue' concept of what holistic meant
The shambles regarding his contract seriously impacted the goodwill and koudos City had built up over the years and the whole CFG concept.
His loss in goalscoring form mirrors our slump
This compounded another terrible summer on the transfer market, don't blame FFP we still spent a lot of money but it seems unwisely
we may be thanking FFP as an anecdote because without their restrictions how much more money would we have tossed off on benchwarmers.
Last point the rotation system doesn't work with our players. There is no incentive and consistency and players know they will be switched regardless of how well they play
Time for change

Not backing Mancini properly after we won the League. That's where it all went wrong. We were ahead of everyone and should made sure we stay ahead. Instead we went on to buy shithouses like Rodwell.

de niro said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

i agree and said so at the time. worse decision since we sacked joe mercer.

Worse than the appointment of Alan Ball? We won two trophies the season after the club made the decision to sack Mancini!!

avoidconfusion said:
Not backing Mancini properly after we won the League. That's where it all went wrong. We were ahead of everyone and should made sure we stay ahead. Instead we went on to buy shithouses like Rodwell.
If you read my post you'll see that's not really how it was but that never stops people trotting it out. Mancini basically walked out on us for 2 months plus there were good reasons why we didn't get his main targets, none of which were to do with "not backing Mancini properly".

Prestwich_Blue said:
avoidconfusion said:
If you read my post you'll see that's not really how it was but that never stops people trotting it out. Mancini basically walked out on us for 2 months plus there were good reasons why we didn't get his main targets, none of which were to do with "not backing Mancini properly".
Totally agree and letting Dejong. Leave,how we could have done with him on Sunday!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.