When did you start following City?

My first match was about 1956 I lived in Wythenshawe at the time went with a lad who lived across the road John Roberts. City played Sunderland and Don Revie played for them. We were 11 years old and went to a few away games one of them was Burnley we were at the front just to the side of the goal Burnleys centre forward Ray Pointer was tackled by I think it was Bill Leavers and hit the wall with his head we thought he was dead but after a few minutes he was back on. John went on to get signed by City youth team but was injured which ended his career.
Blackcarr Rd , Baguley for me .We all used to jump in the back of a furniture van . Never met a united fan until 1957

First home match v Blackpool. First away match v Swindon. Both league fixtures.

Seems almost unbelievable to the younger ones, doesn’t it?

November 1st 1980

Manchester City 1 Norwich 0
(Power)

Bottom of the League but Paul Power, Dave Bennett, Nicky Reid Gerry Gow on debut and loyal fans singing "We love you City, we do" and giving the Boys in Blue terrific backing sealed the deal for me. I wanted to be part of that...

Sorry to say no blue blood before me. Me and my best mate chose City. He dumped them for would you believe it Derby County. I stayed with City, was bonkers about them at that age. First match was away at WHL in the 70's, first home vs Leeds.
My son could be a City fan but he chose Derby! We do live quite near nowadays but...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.