When did you start following City?

Born in Crumpsall 1970.

First match 1978 aged 8 at Maine Rd vs Liverpool.We lost!
Kippax all the way through my teens as I was not allowed in there until i was older. 10-1 v Huddersfield I was in the Maine stand as my old man had some some tickets. Followed them everywhere in the 80's and 90's..Hitchhiking at service stations from getting lifts away at Villa in a stolen car( I didn’t know it was nicked..Our next door neighbour John turned up after the match in it..i was 10)
League 2 against Blackpool opening match of the season was brilliant.Never seen such determination from our fans that year. Cried when we won the league with Mancini. There is no drug better than City and there is certainly no rehabilitation from it.
I moved to Italy 3 years ago so not been for a while...I'll be back.

Bit weird really, I have been going since around 1968 (aged7) & still go now but looking back my grandad started going in 1907 until the 1970s Dad started going in the early 1940s until around the 1990s & recently my 91 year old mum told me her grandad was a big blue & used to go as a lad on his pushbike so I think one way or another we have as a family been going more or less since the club were formed?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.