When did you start following City?

Beat me by 1 year. My first game I saw City (on TV) was the '56 cup final. It was a couple of years later (aged 9) before my dad took me to Maine Road for my first live match, can''t remember any details apart from being amazed by the sight of so much grass!.
Same here. Weirdly the first couple of seasons my Dad (Charlton Athletic fan) would only take me to reserve games. My first season watching the first team with his m in the Platt Lane stand is a blur. But I do remember swinging my rattle round mg head. I idolized our centre forward who I remember as heavily suntanned or slightly black. Who was that?

Seems to be a lot of us born 1960 myself included, full family of blues but a strange family connection to the rags unfortunately

before i was even born.

apparently, my auntie joan used to talk to me and my twin sister while we were still in the womb.
a bit weird, but there you go.
one of the things she talked to us about through mum's stomach wall was supporting manchester city.

City v Southampton FA Cup match in 2007.

Was about 16/17 at the time but none of my family were into football growing up. This was my first live football match I’d ever been to and that was that.

2018, hence the username! Never liked football prior to that, met my now ex girlfriend who’s family and her had always been avid supporters and are from around Manchester. I didn’t take much notice at first but I grew to love it and became as obsessed as her. Haven’t missed a game since. At least I got city out of it.

Army brat, born and living in Germany. First game I remember watching was City v Spurs Cup Final. Maybe because I liked blue I wanted City to win. No other reason, no family connection to Manchester at all. Following Christmas I got a City kit from Father Christmas. That was it, hook line and sinker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.