When did you start following City?

Had flirted with QPR as a 7 yr old in Dublin where we got the London version of the Big Match on a Sunday
But my dad brought me to Maine Road in 76 v West Ham where we won 3 nil and I was hooked. One month later we won the league cup. Little did I know it would be 35 long years before we'd win anything. But it's been worth the wait

Born 1965, first game 68 with my grandad and dad, carried through free into Platt lane to about 1971 when we moved to the Kippax, my grandad always said to the bloke on the turnstile when he was paying for himself , " future supporter " about me as he carried me through for nowt,how fkin right my grandad was.

The day I was born. As soon as I could understand speech it was made crystal clear if I supported anybody other than City I would be chucked in a dustbin and left to the elements.

About 1976 when I was 7.
Went my first game November 1977.
Lost 2-3 to Leeds but loved everything City.
Peter Barnes my then idol

1981. Whilst I was born in greater Manchester, my family moved to near Sheffield when I was 8. Was dragged to Maine Road by my uncle who lived on Yarburgh Street when we used to visit, however being an obvious glory hunter looking back, I thought I was backing a winner after we made the 81 FA cup final ...

My first game was a drab 0-0 draw with Reading in Oct’97. Sat in the North Stand, block R and stayed there till we moved ground.

Been hooked ever since :-)

Similar for me Sep 98’ drab 1-1 draw v Chesterfield. Lee Bradbury scored.

What kind of a 7-year-old would actually enjoy that is a fair question but I begged my dad to take me back, which he did a few weeks later… for a 2-2 draw with Burnley.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.