When / why did you become a City fan?

1976 I don't know if it was before the Wolves cup final or after, I was only 4 and there was no news about City in Carlisle, no strips to buy either, all rags and scouse rats up here.

My first real memories are the FA cup final and the Luton game, which set me up nicely for a 35 year wait for success :)

All my life.
My first game was stood in the Kippax, last game of the season v Sunderland.
Think they were fighting relegation, they had all the platt lane and some of the Kippax.
Marco Gabbiadini scored for them and i think we won 3-2
Or i may have got 2 games mixed up it was that long ago

No you got the details pretty much bang on. 1991 and the win sealed a 5th place finishing above United for the first time since the 70s. Great day that and an incredible first half in particular.

1976 I don't know if it was before the Wolves cup final or after, I was only 4 and there was no news about City in Carlisle, no strips to buy either, all rags and scouse rats up here.

My first real memories are the FA cup final and the Luton game, which set me up nicely for a 35 year wait for success :)

Definitely, as we played Wolves in 1974, Newcastle was 76.

Last edited:
1966, combination of England winning world Cup and City winning promotion. First hero's Geoff Hurst and Jonny Crossan.
Dad took me in 1967 to my first game when I was 11 months old ( so I made sure I took my boy to his 1st game when he was younger than me, he was 10 months old ) a 3-1 defeat at Maine Road v Leicester and Johnny Crossan scored for us.

Was sat on crash barrier in Kippax that day didn't we win 7-0 was a long time ago.
Yes, December 7th 1968. My Dad bought me a scarf and a bobhat from the shed that was our souvenir shop. Gave the scarf to my grandson (age 9 months) for his first match. Rotherham, FA Cup 2019. Won 7-0. Crazy. Sons first match at age 3. Granddaughter age 14 months.

Last edited:
1971 or 72. Franny Lee was still playing for City, Brazil were Tri-Campeo and my home TV was black and white. I'm also an Algerian fanboy (and proud of it) to many posters here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.