When / why did you become a City fan?

I nagged my dad that I wanted to see Stanley Matthews,unfortunately it was at Old Trafford,this was autum in 53/54 season.I think I vowed to follow City from then on.yes I,m a FOC.
My first game at Maine Road was v Blackpool but I can't recall whether Matthews played or not. Don Revie did and scored along with Bobby Johnstone. We battered 'em 2-0. But my first connection must have been earlier than that 'cos I watched the '55 final on a midget tv screen! I've had a down on the Barcodes ever since.

This is a great page this one so many great stories it’s the best being a blue thanks dad RIP that you weren’t a scummy red

Before I knew what football was, and realistically before I'd even been born. First game was about 4, about 1990, much too young really. Spent my 90s childhood and adolescence cursing my old man for what he'd inflicted on me!

Growing up in Stockport in the 70s with two older brothers (one city, the other utd) it was a battle between the two to see who could get me on their side. In 1977 my eldest brother took me to see my first game, it was Colin Bells comeback. I only really remember freezing my nads off sat on the Platt Lane benches that day. Over the next few years I was taken along to more and more games.

As a result of the ball ache process of getting cup final tickets in ’81 we decided to get season tickets from 81/82 onwards. This would avoid us needing to piss about cutting out and collecting tokens in programmes to qualify for future cup finals.

Anyway .. to cut a long story short, after many years of glorious football and endless success in early September 2008 (one week after some arab geezer bought the club) I packed up and moved over to Germany to start my new life.

Have I missed much?
Not much mate still same old city

Was a blue as soon as my mother shot me out. All the family are blues from mum and dad to distant relatives. My dad told me once not to bring home a girl if she was a red! Never did and the present mrs HG is a blue like the rest of us. CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.