Where did this season go so wrong?

The Fat el Hombre said:
There wasn't any real point where it went wrong, it's been shit from the start really. We were wank in the first couple of months and people kept saying that it's a long season and that it's ok that we look lethargic and unfit because we'll come good at the right time, but on saturday we looked just as awful. Champions league campaign was a disgrace. Going out of the carling cup at home to villa was very poor. We've as good as surrendered our title already in such a feeble and pathetic way. Abysmal season so far and we can't look at any one point of it as being the start, on the whole it's just been shit. So many times other teams have looked sharper, fitter and hungrier than us, including saturday, and we've just strolled about and taken it up the arse. Shcoking

agree, thank fuck Chelsea,Arsenal and Tottenham are having equally up and down seasons otherwise we would be scrapping for fourth spot.

ANY1aBLUE said:
rickmcfc said:
Last summers transfer window. We are a weaker squad than last season. End of discussion.

Not entirely 'end of discussion' - add to that, lack of planning last Season, overrated players on hugely inflated wages/transfer fees and a Manager's completely baffling tactics and team selections and woeful man management - utterly predictable to me, yet most on here continued to tell me I didnt know what I was talking about and was a 'rag'......................

That team on Saturday did not want to play for their manager - simple..........
No ...you don,t know what you are talking about..........mancini had his list, the club failed him.....southampton are without doubt one of the form teams at the moment and outplayed the rags at old trafford last week.....only for the premierships outstanding goal scorer they would have secured victory...........a player mancini wanted..., we are weaker than last year without doubt and utd are stronger........also i do think the sale of Balotelli without replacement has undermined mancini and sent the wrong message out to the players...not to mention injuries and loss of form to key players and international break....its still not as simple as that....

Blue and Proud said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Blue and Proud said:
Aside from us losing NDJ and AJ in the summer, which is really being felt now, we have been far too complacent against teams that work very hard defensively and have killed our free-scoring play of last season. Definately suffering being "champions and everyone wants to beat us" syndrome.
I can understand why RM wants to us to play 3-5-2 at times but he needs to get our players competent and comfortable with that formation. Much more work neded on the training ground. If we can't adapt to play in different formations with the resources we have, then it really does highlight how limited we are tactically.
However we still have a lot to play for this season; consolidate second place keeping a degree of pressure on Utd, hoping they run into some poor form (some hope I know!!) and the FA Cup for which we are only 3 games away from the final (one of those at home against lower league opposition).
Let's get behind the team, the season is far from over and we know these players are capable of some truly fantastic football of which I am sure we will see more of before the season is over.

Get behind what 'team'?! There was no 'team' out there. Some of us paid a large amount of money to watch that shower poncing about earning £100k .....................
I understand your anger but we still have to get behind them. What's the alternative? boo them from now until the end of season?

Alternative is to get shot of Mancini now! Get Viera in as temporary manager and PLAN for next season NOW!

I got called a liar for saying I had long discussion with a couple of ITK ex City legends last week and they inferred there was a problem between Mancini and the club - all the evidence you needed was before us V Sthpton.

What I saw on Saturday was a 'team' no longer wanting to play for their Manager and not understanding what he wanted from them.
Everything about Mancini was summed up for me in his selection of Nasri over Milner...........................

flb said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
There wasn't any real point where it went wrong, it's been shit from the start really. We were wank in the first couple of months and people kept saying that it's a long season and that it's ok that we look lethargic and unfit because we'll come good at the right time, but on saturday we looked just as awful. Champions league campaign was a disgrace. Going out of the carling cup at home to villa was very poor. We've as good as surrendered our title already in such a feeble and pathetic way. Abysmal season so far and we can't look at any one point of it as being the start, on the whole it's just been shit. So many times other teams have looked sharper, fitter and hungrier than us, including saturday, and we've just strolled about and taken it up the arse. Shcoking

agree, thank fuck Chelsea,Arsenal and Tottenham are having equally up and down seasons otherwise we would be scrapping for fourth spot.

absolutely poor from the off. remember how we struggled against southampton, liverpool qpr, stoke, arsenal and villa cup.

Mancini is the problem. We won in spite of him last season, not because of him.

The season went wrong before it started. The RAGs strengthend. We didn't. Failing to properly replace Adam Johnson was the worst. His goals were vital for us last season.
Then there are injuries to key players (which we didn't suffer from last season): Aguero, Kompany, Silva, Richards & Garcia.

BlueAnorak said:
The season went wrong before it started. The RAGs strengthend. We didn't. Failing to properly replace Adam Johnson was the worst. His goals were vital for us last season.
Then there are injuries to key players (which we didn't suffer from last season): Aguero, Kompany, Silva, Richards & Garcia.

the problem was and is not having a system and tempo to give 3 or 4 great stikers the right service to score

I think there are a number of points in the season you can point to. But for me, almost every single player in the team is worse than last season.

Exceptions are Zaba, Clichy and Milner.

Which is why we have been so much worse this year.

While it is a very popular excuse that we failed to strengthen it is wrong. We had plenty of players coming up to their second season where improvement is often seen. Kun and Nasri spring to mind. Balotelli's performances for Italy gave us hope too. With Carlos seemingly back in the fold, everything looked rosy in the attacking department.

We have got a great squad, certainly good enough to win the league, RVP or no RVP.<br /><br />-- Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:30 am --<br /><br />
scousemanc said:
I think there are a number of points in the season you can point to. But for me, almost every single player in the team is worse than last season.

Exceptions are Zaba, Clichy and Milner.

Which is why we have been so much worse this year.

This. ANd you can chuck Roberto in that too.

It went wrong the moment Aguero scored that wonderful goal.

You see, that's when you find out if you have bought the right kinda stuff.

Some players are happy to settle for their lot, and others, they want to keep winning and forget about the past.

Too many of our players, even our fans (understandably), dined out on being champions for too long.

It should have been put to bed in pre-season training, whilst United were already plotting and working towards a response.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.