Where do you even start to criticise the team at the moment?

Marvin said:
sam-caddick said:
It's work ethic that is letting us down in my opinion.

I know we show lots if heart and desire, but why is always when we are behind and usually in the last 10 minutes? Why not do it throughout the whole game? Do the player think they are above everyone else and don't need to work hard because their ability will allow us to win?

I also hate the fact we are having too many individual stand-out performances, can we not have a fantastic team performance?

Zabaleta's desire in January was outstanding, if everyone else on the pitch matched that desire it would be scary to think how good we could have been. If everyone matched Sergio's 2nd half effort today we would of beat Liverpool.
We started the game with loads of aggression and desire. Linesman/ref/Dzeko let them back in it

What about the 2nd half? We looked tired out of ideas.

Only Sergio set an example of what should be expected, but nobody followed his influence.

You can blame the ref for that goal but we had a whole 2nd half to win it, yet we let Liverpool run rings around us with what I thought was quite a lazy performance at times.

I can understand people not wanting to sound negative but as far as I can see we have only shown glimpses of last seasons form.The team collectively and individually
just haven't been at the races save for the odd period here and there.
The QPR result coupled with today's flat display are very worrying.
Are we really saying that dropping four points in the manner that we did is acceptable for a team trying to retain the championship in a two horse race?<br /><br />-- Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:22 am --<br /><br />I can understand people not wanting to sound negative but as far as I can see we have only shown glimpses of last seasons form.The team collectively and individually
Are we really saying that dropping four points in the manner that we did is acceptable for a team trying to retain the championship in a two horse race?

shaun said:
I can understand people not wanting to sound negative but as far as I can see we have only shown glimpses of last seasons form.The team collectively and individually
Are we really saying that dropping four points in the manner that we did is acceptable for a team trying to retain the championship in a two horse race?
result and performance was below standard required.

We're 2nd so clearly we are at the races. The margins between this season's performance and last season are very slight. Luck, injuries, refereeing all playing a part

Marvin said:
shaun said:
result and performance was below standard required.

We're 2nd so clearly we are at the races. The margins between this season's performance and last season are very slight. Luck, injuries, refereeing all playing a part

I agree with this, but this season has a lot to do with motivation.

Hardest thing to do in football is retain a trophy, as a club we have no experience at all at retaining a title.

Too many times this season,whatever team/tactics are employed,we seem to be waiting for the opposition to hurt us before we start having a go ourselves.A reactionary team.Most times we get away with it.We're reigning Champions FFS.
We should be taking the game to the opposition,certainly at home,and certainly to "inferior" teams.This has not been the case by and large,and the management have to take a large slice of the blame for that.

shaun said:
Too many times this season,whatever team/tactics are employed,we seem to be waiting for the opposition to hurt us before we start having a go ourselves.A reactionary team.Most times we get away with it.We're reigning Champions FFS.
We should be taking the game to the opposition,certainly at home,and certainly to "inferior" teams.This has not been the case by and large,and the management have to take a large slice of the blame for that.
Taking this game we did take the game to Liverpool from the KO.

I think you under-estimate the impact of that equaliser. It was like a punch to the stomach and from then on nerves took over. We played with the spectre of losing the title hanging over us

We came back after losing at Arsenal last season in similar circumstances, and we will come back again

Dare I say we didn't play that great on too many occasions from Xmas onwards last season either.

Oh and by the way I'm not trying to be negative either because we still have a good chance in the cup and I can handle being the 2nd best team in England.

andyhinch said:
I've not looked at upstairs all night, it's to embarrassing,3 world class goals today, get on with it

Aye we'll get on with it ok we always do. My eldest lad asked me today "will we finish 2nd". I said well when Everton, Spurs and Chelsea have turn us over playing like we have today, that I think we should genuinely consider finishing 4th as success. Regroup in the summer and sell say Tevez and Aguero, Bridge and RSC, K Touro+_others.....and you know what buy......................................to replace them!!

Marvin said:
Very slight? Surely not? Our performances this season are nowhere near those of last season ... particularly towards the start and end of that campaign.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.