Where do you think we'll finish this season and why?

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/683/main/2015/08/05/14170362/-

That punditory genius David James is saying that we won't finish top 4 and bin dippers will replace us top 4.

Here's some of his pearls or wisdom shared with us (he's not bitter honest)

"I generally think Man City of the top four are the weak link," said BT Sport commentator James, who played 93 league games for City from 2004 to 2006.

"Man City, again, they have got all this talent, they have won the title twice [in 2011-12 and 2013-14] - or rather tripped over the line twice.

My favourite bit is how we tripped over the line twice!! now that takes some doing!!

As things stand,

I think (injuries permitting) Arsenal win it. They've looked close the last couple season but have tailed off because their medical staff are terrible. Chelsea 2nd Mourinho will have them hard to beat, likely draw the majority of big games but will be on the end of a couple of 'smash and grabs. City 3rd, Utd 4th.

Or course, injuries could hit Arsenal again and they fall away to 3rd. I don't think ther'll be much between us and Chelsea, but we still look fragile at the back.

If we somehow pull off a deal for Pogba, the positive fall out around the club would mean all bets are off and, if we can get out of the blocks quickly, I think we've as good a chance as any - especially as we'll have addressed our key weakness.

If we sign De Bruyne, Kompany reaches close to his form of the season before last and Mangala continues improving from his perfomances towards the end of last season I would go as far as saying we have a strong chance of winning the league by a number of points. Sterling looked extremely promising in pre-season and could well turn out to be a bargin. He loves to run at players, take them on and cut inside which we've been missing (something navas should have been doing - who doesn't, and we all know he can't cross either!!). Chelsea have barely improved and I don't think they're as strong of a force as everyone made them out to be last season. Arsenal have improved with the signing of Cech and their players beginning to gel but in order to improve further to make them real title contenders they need to sign a prolific striker (i.e. Benzema or Lacazette). Giroud is unreliable and Welbeck isn't good enough.

Saying all this i still have the same nervous feelings regarding the lack of rigidity and cohesion in defence and so I have a gut feeling it's going to be another near-miss disappointing season. Lets pray Pellergrini has learnt from playing 4-4-2 in big games and Europe... doubt it!!!

I wouldn't take David James too seriously. Anyone who can lose millions of pounds after playing professional football for more than 20 years cant be that clever!

As things stand,

I think (injuries permitting) Arsenal win it. They've looked close the last couple season but have tailed off because their medical staff are terrible. Chelsea 2nd Mourinho will have them hard to beat, likely draw the majority of big games but will be on the end of a couple of 'smash and grabs. City 3rd, Utd 4th.

Or course, injuries could hit Arsenal again and they fall away to 3rd. I don't think ther'll be much between us and Chelsea, but we still look fragile at the back.

If we somehow pull off a deal for Pogba, the positive fall out around the club would mean all bets are off and, if we can get out of the blocks quickly, I think we've as good a chance as any - especially as we'll have addressed our key weakness.

Common misconception that it's the fault of the medical staff. It's not.

Dion Dublin thinks we will miss out on the top 4 at the expense of the scousers, it must have been the moment they beat Real Madrid to the signature of Adam Bogdan that sealed the deal.

I think it will be 1st. But these factors will make a major difference if we do win.

If Kompany stays fit and gets back to full potential we will have no defensive problems. He will take Manga and Denayer under his wing and hopefully form a strong hold at the back.

If Yaya gets a high goal tally and dominates midfield that will help towards 1st place no doubt.

Sergio has to be fit all season if that's possibly. When he plays we win.

Delph and Sterling can only strengthen the team and whoever else we sign. A KDB, Pogba, Isco will blow the others out of the water.

Nasri's form is similar to our league wins record, when we win the league he plays well so pull up your socks this year Sami your due a good season.

Iceing on the cake would be Lopes, Denayer and Nachoman playing a part and break into the spotlight so we can show off our youth talents.

Not worried about the Manager, Wenger and Mourinho have shown little class in preseason and can see filtering through inot this year and will be there downfall. and LVG is crackers.

How coma all their players take so long to overcome muscle injuries, and why do they get so many of them? (genuine question)

The manager is the main reason. Possibly poor input from the sport science department with regards to training load.

Wenger, like a lot of managers, puts large loads on the players (both training and match-based).

He tends to rush players back into match situations from injuries when they aren't ready. All soft tissue injuries are preventable.

Aguero has suffered from this previously, an example being in January 2014 when we played Watford in the cup and he had just come back from injury.

Because we were losing, Aguero was kept on for the full 90 minutes (when he should have only played 60 max).

Next match against Spurs away came 4 days later and Aguero, lo and behold, was injured again (after around 30 minutes if I remember correctly).

It's no coincidence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.