Where do you think we'll finish this season and why?

How coma all their players take so long to overcome muscle injuries, and why do they get so many of them? (genuine question)

I honestly believe it's because their average age is so young, much younger than any of the other big teams. They haven't finished growing by the time they're thrown into the first team, and it leads to all sorts of muscle injuries. Look at the same players once they're a bit older - the ones who stay and the ones that leave - they're far less injury prone.

I honestly believe it's because their average age is so young, much younger than any of the other big teams. They haven't finished growing by the time they're thrown into the first team, and it leads to all sorts of muscle injuries. Look at the same players once they're a bit older - the ones who stay and the ones that leave - they're far less injury prone.

There's no scientific evidence to suggest that the age of the player relates to risk of injury.

Agree with this but could do with no injuries this season or we could well struggle for top 3
I have read more of that David James article and his reasons for saying we won't make top 4 make no sense, all about splurging money and that being "the wrong model." I do actually worry a little for our top 4 status this season but not for the reasons that David James is going on about.

There's no scientific evidence to suggest that the age of the player relates to risk of injury.
Both interesting points.

On Wenger rushing players back, it's become a bit of an in joke that his players are always "two weeks away" from returning to fitness and seem to reamin at that 'status' for far longer than the fortnight suggested.

I've always thought his players are quick to pick up injuries and slow to recover, it's just surprising they've not addressed it, given how gravely it's impacted their recent PL campaigns.

Agree with this but could do with no injuries this season or we could well struggle for top 3

I don't think we will struggle for top 3. One thing we do have is a settled nucleus of players so they all know each other and how each other plays.

Hart, Zab, Kompany, Kolorov, Clichy, Yaya, Nasri, Silva, Aguero have all been with us for more than 4 seasons. Fernandinho is coming into his third season along with Navas and Demichellis.

8 of those players could easily make up the first team when all fit with 3 others.

We had injuries and loss of form to Kompany and Yaya last season and still came second.

Whether we have strengthened enough to challenge is debatable. If we don't sign anyone else then we are arguably weaker.

If a top class CM/LB come in along with possibly a CB(or VK rediscovers his form), then 2nd place or possibly a title win.

If not 4th.

Only because there are weaknesses that havent fully been adressed, where as rivals have.

You have chelsea who didn't need to do too much, arsenal have a good keeper finally, and UTD have signed 2 good CM's and are linked with pedro...and you'd expect them to be a bit better this season regardless, given the manager and time to adapt to a change in formation/style.

City will be glad of signing sterling for sure, but the gaping holes are not looking likely to be remedied properly, and they(more so than attacking) needed addressing.

Looking at liverpool now, despite thinking brenda is a fraud, i think the squad is way better than last season.

4th could be no easy thing.

Last edited:
If a top class CM/LB come in along with possibly a CB(or VK rediscovers his form), then 2nd place or possibly a title win.

If not 4th.

Only because there are weaknesses that havent fully been adressed, where as rivals have.

You have chelsea who didn't need to do too much, arsenal have a good keeper finally, and UTD have signed 2 good CM's and are linked with pedro...and you'd expect them to be a bit better this season regardless, given the manager and time to adapt to a change in formation/style.

City will be glad of signing sterling for sure, but the gaping holes are not looking likely to be remedied properly, and they(more so than attacking) needed addressing.

Looking at liverpool now, despite thinking brenda is a fraud, i think the squad is way better than last season.

4th could be no easy thing.

For me both United and Liverpool have too many new players to bed in. United have no pace and Liverpool have lost Gerrard and Sterling. I see those two battling for 4th 5-10 points behind the top 3.

Arsenal also have a settled side as do Chelsea but you never can tell with Arsenal. They are still prone to the odd 1-0 loss at home to the likes of Swansea after having 75% possession and 20 attempts at goal.

We lost the league last season because our home form wasn't good enough, Our results against sides in the bottom 3 (end) was atrocious and our record against the other top 4 sides was poor. We lost 9 points against Burnley, Hull and QPR! We gained 6 out of 18 against Arsenal, Chelsea and United. Improve that and we will go much closer. Whether Pellegrini is the man to do it is debatable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.