Where do you think we'll finish this season and why?

Until we know whether the likes of De Bruyne and Pogba are arriving it's very difficult to answer this. If I were to stick my neck out now I'd say we'll finish 2nd. We've got enough talent in the squad when it comes to retaining possession, and scoring goals, to see us finish high up, but I remain worried about the strength of our defensive players. When you compare our defence with the one Chelsea can put out there it's not really up to scratch.

For me both United and Liverpool have too many new players to bed in. United have no pace and Liverpool have lost Gerrard and Sterling. I see those two battling for 4th 5-10 points behind the top 3.

Arsenal also have a settled side as do Chelsea but you never can tell with Arsenal. They are still prone to the odd 1-0 loss at home to the likes of Swansea after having 75% possession and 20 attempts at goal.

We lost the league last season because our home form wasn't good enough, Our results against sides in the bottom 3 (end) was atrocious and our record against the other top 4 sides was poor. We lost 9 points against Burnley, Hull and QPR! We gained 6 out of 18 against Arsenal, Chelsea and United. Improve that and we will go much closer. Whether Pellegrini is the man to do it is debatable.

Pace isn't something UTD will struggle with too much i don't think, they have both depay, and pedro if reports are to be believed...both have bags of pace. Liverpool have lost gerrard yes, but i honestly think they will be better for it not least because he had been on the decline for a while, but others will come good(same as with city when yaya wasn't available last season), and furthermore milner is a better prospect for me. Firmino, and benteke will no doubt help them improve substantially on last year...

I agree with some of your points though.

City did lose points against lesser sides last season, the trouble is that last friendly was like a slice of dejavu...last game of preseason being like a highlight reel from the worst parts of last season.

Pogba will help, but i think he's only part of the answer. Organization and defensive discipline need improvement.

Theres a solid argument to say we can win the league. Chavs havnt strengthened, Arsenal have but theres some gap for them n scum to breach. All the rag tops have been busy soiling their y fronts over pigsheister who i think is a nothing signing outside him though they have improved significantly and perhaps more to the point, like us i suspect theyre not finished yet but as with arsenal i think a sustained challenge is beyond them. so realistically i thinks its down to us and maureens mob. Who wins imo is dependent primarily on the very reason we failed last term and thats the form and fitness of key men. We need yaya to have the type of year he tends to have when that cursed acon doesnt interfere. Ee need kaptain back to his best and we neef kun ALL season. If we get that i think we will sneak it. If (a big if) we add the pog and de bruyne and perhaps do some late wheeler dealing to tweak our defensive options then the margin could be a bit easier on the heart than our recent triumphs. Conversly if wr dont add AND we lose either to injury or form any combination of those mentioned i see a struggle to even get 4th

With our current squad - third or fourth
With some further additions - first or second

I believe it's far too early to predict what's going to happen and where we'll finish.
Ask me after we've played 10 games, i'll have a better idea how we are playing.
Not how we were playing. History counts for nothing in this game.

Can't believe some of the negativity on here even before a ball has been kicked in anger.
If they don't think we can win the league then why bother at all ?

I know your intentions are good but we bothered for 44 years before we won the title again... Just because people think we will finish 3rd or 4th doesn't mean they will be any less passionate at matches or supportive of the club.

I'm going for 3rd with an FA cup win! Defence too ropey and I think pellers will unfortunately play certain formations that don't help our defence or central midfield. We will score a shit load though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.