Where do you think we'll finish this season and why?

The consensus on here is around 3rd place . I wonder what the feeling would have been with a different manager e,g Mourinho,or Mancini or Guardiola with the same squad.
I'd go 1st ,1st,1st.......

Can't believe some of the negativity on here even before a ball has been kicked in anger.
If they don't think we can win the league then why bother at all ?

I'm not sure what you are saying here bud. If you are saying we are only here to win the league, that's a bit raggy. For 35 years, I was a blue with no fucking hope of winning the league, but was still a blue. Now we have won it twice in recent years, and have a more than fair chance of winning it again next season, I'm still a blue and always will be.

This bit in the middle (transfer forum shenanigans) is merely candyfloss, and I still can't believe how far we have come. I blame FIFA and Football Manager myself for all the negativity ;)

Champions by 5 points.

As it stands today I still think we have the best squad/team. I honestly believe only us and Chelsea can win the league. All this bollocks about Arsenal. They haven't got a forward to lace Aguero's boots or even that ugly fucker Costa's and still missing something in midfield (I reserve the right to change my mind if they sign Benzema). The scum only have granny shagger up front so are an injury away from having nothing (or Hernandez which is the same as nothing). I ain't going to waste my time discussing Liverpool and Spurs.

I believe our season will be defined by our opening home game vs Chelsea
If we win, we'll win the league
If we lose, our season will meander along like last season and we'll finish eight points behind the eventual winner, which could possibly see us finishing third
If it's a draw, I see a nip and tuck three way battle between us, Chelsea and Arsenal and in true Ant and Dec mode, that would be too close to call

No other team will be near the top three
Fourth place will be at least 20 points off the eventual Champions

I know your intentions are good but we bothered for 44 years before we won the title again... Just because people think we will finish 3rd or 4th doesn't mean they will be any less passionate at matches or supportive of the club.
Yeah i realise that bugsy, and obviously for the last 40 years i would begin the season believing we would avoid relegation or win promotion. Times have changed and given our current status surely you have to believe we will be top of the pile by the end of the season?
Isn't that why we keep coming back for more every year

Yeah i realise that bugsy, and obviously for the last 40 years i would begin the season believing we would avoid relegation or win promotion. Times have changed and given our current status surely you have to believe we will be top of the pile by the end of the season?

Do I want City to win the League? Of Course
Do I believe that City will win the League? No

We all recognise that our goals have changed, but the fact remains that we haven't really addressed any of our weaknesses. I'm all for positive thinking, but not blind faith.

Do I want City to win the League? Of Course
Do I believe that City will win the League? No

We all recognise that our goals have changed, but the fact remains that we haven't really addressed any of our weaknesses. I'm all for positive thinking, but not blind faith.
It's hardly blind faith thinking that we can win the league this year is it? We finished second last time around after playing poorly for large parts, suffering injuries to key players and having normally reliable players lose their form.
It's not beyond the realms of possibility that ths time around Zabaleta gets back up to speed, Kompany and Mangala strike up a better understanding, Yaya, after a decent rest will improve and Aguero and Silva remain fit. Add in the signing of Sterling and the imminent arrival of KDB then I think there's plenty to be optimistic about.
Of course there are areas of the squad that could be improved, but is it such an outlandish notion that we can win the league? Is it fuck.

No you're right, we should. But also I think people can believe this and grow in the believe throughout the season even if they thought 3rd or 4th place were likely at the start of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.