Where do you think we'll finish this season and why?

A vote on BBC Sport has it as follows:

Who do you think will win the Premier League?

Chelsea (29%)
Arsenal (26%)
Rags (23%)
Liverpool (8%)
City (5%)
Spurs (3%)

Where has this notion that we're not even top four material come from? Chelsea so far haven't really strengthened (apart from Falcao, who has a big point to prove after last year's showing) similar to us after our last league win. Arsenal have added Cech which is an improvement yes, but a goalkeeper won't change a team that was some way off second in terms of quality last year into a team that can win the league. United have got a solid central midfield now, but their defence and attack both look weak and Liverpool well they're Liverpool and will struggle to get fifth above Spurs IMO.

I just don't understand why "expert" pundits and fans of other teams think that we with arguably the best squad in the league don't think we're capable of winning it?

I believe we have a good chance with the squad we have. We will certainly be up there. However I feel that it will be fourth place. Reasons? Not convinced by our defence. We have a new kid coming through but basically it's the same as last season. Maybe Kompany will recover form but nothing is going to make Clichy or Kolarov better. Also don't think Mangala has it in him to step up. Basically I feel we're going to be just as vulnerable as last season to quick counters. It's probably the high pressing style that leaves them vulnerable.

I'd feel happier if both Nasri and Navas were gone. They are both good players, especially Nasri, but aren't working out. Nasri scores the odd goal but slows moves down too much without being as penetrating as Silva. Teams certainly had our style sussed last season. But maybe Sterling and Hopefully either DB or Pogba can speed things up. Just a little tired of seeing Nasri get the ball, stop, look around, cut inside, look around, sees pen area now full of defenders.

But we have new players coming through and if they emerge as first team stars through game time given then 3rd or 4th wouldn't be the end of the world. Then onward and upward next season with a new manager and reinvigorated team.

But I also think the margins at the top are going to be very tight, so a few point will make the difference between 4th and 2nd.

And on the final plus side. I'm a terrible judge so we're almost guaranteed to win by 15 clear points with Mangala winning Player of The Year.

We will win if 3 things happen that didn't happen last year

1. Sergio has an injury free season
2. Yaya returns to his best
3. Vinny returns to his best

We might win if 4 things happen that didn't happen last year

1. Sergio has an injury free season
2. Yaya returns to his best
3. Vinny returns to his best
4.Pellergrini doesn't rotate the defenders every other game, to establish a settled back 4
Edited for a more realistic dream

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.