Where do you think we'll finish this season and why?

How many players do people think we are away from winning the champs league? I know it's a cup and we could potentially win it with the team we have but for me I'd say we are at least still 3 players off really challenging barca, Madrid and Bayern.

We need a left back, right back and centre mid. If we sign three very good/world class players for those positions then I think we will be up there.

How many players do people think we are away from winning the champs league? I know it's a cup and we could potentially win it with the team we have but for me I'd say we are at least still 3 players off really challenging barca, Madrid and Bayern.

We need a left back, right back and centre mid. If we sign three very good/world class players for those positions then I think we will be up there.
Big question.

I'd like to see how City shape up this season as I think we are going to see some big changes. I think most blues are expecting to see the same system with a couple of new pegs in the same holes but I think it' going to be radically different

Could see Toure missing out, or he could be the player he was 2 years ago. I think he'll have to be to get in a team which is going to need a really energetic midfield.

3rd because our Manager has too many blind spots. LB. Nasri Navas 4 4 2 which we may revert to. The simple inability to get the best from the strongest squad with the best goal scorer.

Obviously my hope is we win it all, but my fear is we end up 3rd. Chelsea and Arsenal are the only teams that concern me.

Well not a great deal has happened in the transfer market in general yet so I'd say second to Chelsea.

If we get a couple of top signings we could win it.

I think you will win it....
Chelsea hasn't particularly strengthened, and whilst they won relatively comfortably last season, you guys had some shocking results against lower placed teams.
Sterling will do well...you seemed lacking in pace at times last year..and he's a bit unorthodox and different which isn't a bad thing..and bloody good away from home with the pace.
Liverpool will do sweet FA
The rags will be 3rd/4th ish.
Chelsea will be the boring machine they are...but they can't always rely on nicking a one goal win.
Arsenal for me are the difficulty, as I think Cech is the signing of the summer, and solves a huge problem they have had since Seaman left.

So
1st City
2nd Chelsea
3rd Arsenal
4th Rags

17th Sunderland...causing further strain on my heart.....

Enjoy

It's hardly blind faith thinking that we can win the league this year is it? We finished second last time around after playing poorly for large parts, suffering injuries to key players and having normally reliable players lose their form.
It's not beyond the realms of possibility that ths time around Zabaleta gets back up to speed, Kompany and Mangala strike up a better understanding, Yaya, after a decent rest will improve and Aguero and Silva remain fit. Add in the signing of Sterling and the imminent arrival of KDB then I think there's plenty to be optimistic about.
Of course there are areas of the squad that could be improved, but is it such an outlandish notion that we can win the league? Is it fuck.

So basically, what you're saying is:

If Zabaleta gets up to speed? Possibly
If Kompany and Mangala strike up a better understanding? Not much evidence so far
If Yaya improves after a rest? There were signs last year that age is slowly catching up on his pace and power.
If Silva and Aguero stay fit.? When did that last happen?
If KDB arrives? A fine player, but City have bigger concerns and weaknesses to address.

I was in Stuttgart last weekend, and the most worrying aspect for me was the simplicity of their first goal. A long ball that saw our first choice central defenders outmuscled and outwitted.
Last season we struggled to cope with the physicality of West ham and the Rags etc. These problems won't go away, so if we're going to win the League, they need to be addressed now.

So basically, what you're saying is:

If Zabaleta gets up to speed? Possibly
If Kompany and Mangala strike up a better understanding? Not much evidence so far
If Yaya improves after a rest? There were signs last year that age is slowly catching up on his pace and power.
If Silva and Aguero stay fit.? When did that last happen?
If KDB arrives? A fine player, but City have bigger concerns and weaknesses to address.

I was in Stuttgart last weekend, and the most worrying aspect for me was the simplicity of their first goal. A long ball that saw our first choice central defenders outmuscled and outwitted.
Last season we struggled to cope with the physicality of West ham and the Rags etc. These problems won't go away, so if we're going to win the League, they need to be addressed now.
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. More fool you for putting too much credence on a meaningless friendly.
You focus on the negatives and I'll look for the positives. Both have as much chance of happening as the other, so as I do every season I'll give the club a clean slate and see how things develop when it matters.

It seems, from comments on articles and general questioning of mates, that the main competitors to Chelsea for the title this season is Arsenal.

City not even being mentioned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.