Where do you think we'll finish this season and why?

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. More fool you for putting too much credence on a meaningless friendly.
You focus on the negatives and I'll look for the positives. Both have as much chance of happening as the other, so as I do every season I'll give the club a clean slate and see how things develop when it matters.

Meaningless friendly or not, defenders don't plan to look like idiots in any game yet ours collectively did last week. Surely that is a slight concern with the season upon us.

Meaningless friendly or not, defenders don't plan to look like idiots in any game yet ours collectively did last week. Surely that is a slight concern with the season upon us.
It seems to be a major concern for some yes, like I said though it was a meaningless friendly. I expect the team that faces WBA to be more focused and cohesive than the one that faced Stuttgart.
If we do in fact perform like we did in preseason then I'll join in the pessimism. Until then I'm in the positive camp. New season, new expectations, new signings - what's not to look forward to.

Top 3 but I am unsure in what position. We have a team capable but it depends on how quickly the EDS lads settle to life in the Premier League and the new signings can fit in.

Last edited:
3rd. Not getting CM and LB and still playing the high defensive line will hurt us. If Yaya still plays in a midfield 2 this will also be bad.

Our attack will continue to be the leagues best.

I think we'll win one of the domestic cups.

2nd or 3rd. Our neglect of key defensive areas will cost us the silly points against smaller teams we're so accustomed to. We'll score goals, loads of goals though and in that lies our best hope. Next summer Guardiola will demand central midfielders with a better combination of pressing skills and technical ability than most of ours and probably two young pacy full-backs, and we'll reach the Champions League semis in 2016/17 (because we'll have built one of the best attacking forces in Europe once the KDB deal is done and just need the right balance/additions to the other half of the pitch).

I'll guess that we finish second behind Chelsea by 4 pts. Ahead of arsenal by 3 pts.

We will win one of the domestic cups and make it to the round of 8 in the CL.

Just hope we are not really waiting for Pep next season. If we are, I think could be a long fruitless season. If we are not and we sign KDB I reckon we will win the league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.