Where do you think we'll finish this season and why?

If two things happen we will be champions again and progress well in all cup competitions:
- each squad member plays to their individual capability
- we play a defensive system that the team is comfortable with
Neither of those things should be outwith the bounds of probability.

No you're right, we should. But also I think people can believe this and grow in the believe throughout the season even if they thought 3rd or 4th place were likely at the start of the season.
Yes, but that's being logical, and as we all know, logic and football supporting don't really go together.

Do I want City to win the League? Of Course
Do I believe that City will win the League? No

We all recognise that our goals have changed, but the fact remains that we haven't really addressed any of our weaknesses. I'm all for positive thinking, but not blind faith.

If we'd have just managed to avoid relegation last season then thinking we could win the league this season would be blind faith.
Thinking we can go better than last season' 2nd spot is positive thinking.

We will win the league and this is why.

Last season we had the most players from any premier team playing right through to the conclusion of the word cup. On top of that we lost Yaya again to the African cup of nations which saw Yaya and Bony go all the way and win the trophy. Yaya was also unsettled about his future and until the last six games of the season was out of sorts.
Zaba did seem totally drained after losing the world cup final with Argentina as this was his last chance to win the world cup.
For me thats 3 extra players we have got for more of the season than we had last year.
On top of this we have a young striker with a great attitude and the potenial to go right to the top in Nacho. We have improved with Raheem and KDB to come so much that we will have the best front 3 in the premier league.
Delph is a great signing in midfield and will add bite and workrate to a midfield that along with our new system will take pressure of Yaya. I agree with others who have said Yaya will sit deeper in our new system and take pressure of our defence.
We have improved defensively bringing back Denayer who I think will become one of our greatest centre halfs.

Hart
Zabba Vinny Mangala/Denayer Kolorav/Clichy

Yaya Dinho/Delph

Dave

Raheem Kun KDB

I give you the Chanpions elect.

If we'd have just managed to avoid relegation last season then thinking we could win the league this season would be blind faith.
Thinking we can go better than last season' 2nd spot is positive thinking.

Sorry mate, but you’re missing the point.

It’s nothing to do with where we finished the previous season. It’s about momentum, and recognising that Pellegrini is either unwilling or unable to address our obvious weaknesses, which surfaced at QPR, West Ham, and Burnley etc last season. We might have finished the season fairly strongly, but realistically, we were out of title contention by late March.

Also the Rags won the League in 2013 but finished 7th the following year. City went backwards last season, and we need to stop kidding ourselves that everything will suddenly come good.
De Bruyne might add to our attacking options, but we were the top scorers anyway, so it was hardly our biggest issue.
I’m more concerned with the injury to Delph and the reluctance of the club to convey any information on his progress.
Kompany missed 15 games last season and 10 the previous campaign, yet I keep reading “If Kompany stays fit…”

Don’t worry, if Kompany plays every game and Zabaleta returns to his marauding best. If Yaya suddenly regains his power and motivation, and our defence learn how to defend set pieces, then I will be the first to admit I was wrong.
For the moment however, I will stick to my belief that City will finish 3rd.

I don't know whether the press/media writing us off almost unanimously is a good or a bad thing. I hope the team uses it as motivation to prove them wrong but you wonder whether some players will take the view that as very little is expected of them anyway this season they don't need to up their level from last. Unfortunately we don't have that many leaders in our squad and quite a few who just seem to coast (just a personal opinion). I wonder whether this sort of thing has the potential to get inside their heads as they can hardly have not noticed the fact most are suggesting we will be 3rd or 4th at best. On the other hand, Arsenal seem to have a lot of backing from the so-called experts which is odd, as bar Cech, they haven't really strengthened.

If we could just strengthen in the middle of defence and midfield then I would feel much more confident. These should be our priorities ahead of KDB.

Sorry mate, but you’re missing the point.

It’s nothing to do with where we finished the previous season. It’s about momentum, and recognising that Pellegrini is either unwilling or unable to address our obvious weaknesses, which surfaced at QPR, West Ham, and Burnley etc last season. We might have finished the season fairly strongly, but realistically, we were out of title contention by late March.

Also the Rags won the League in 2013 but finished 7th the following year. City went backwards last season, and we need to stop kidding ourselves that everything will suddenly come good.
De Bruyne might add to our attacking options, but we were the top scorers anyway, so it was hardly our biggest issue.
I’m more concerned with the injury to Delph and the reluctance of the club to convey any information on his progress.
Kompany missed 15 games last season and 10 the previous campaign, yet I keep reading “If Kompany stays fit…”

Don’t worry, if Kompany plays every game and Zabaleta returns to his marauding best. If Yaya suddenly regains his power and motivation, and our defence learn how to defend set pieces, then I will be the first to admit I was wrong.
For the moment however, I will stick to my belief that City will finish 3rd.
Delph is just recovering from a hamstring strain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.