Where do you think we'll finish this season and why?

I think this season will be a lot more competitive.

Chavs have not really strengthened and may have second season syndrome.
Arse may have made a great signing in Cech, and we've seen how many point DeGea won for the rags
Still think the Rags and Pool will be off the pace.

There is still time in the window to make signings and I base this on my expectation we get KDB

1. City
2. Chavs
3. Arse
4. Pool

I think City's attack with Aguero, Sterling and KDB will be potent ( If KDB is as good as people say - not really seen him myself). My biggest worry is he Chavs game being so early at home and we had key players at Copa America who haven't had a great pre season. We don't want to fall behind early.

Sorry mate, but you’re missing the point.

It’s nothing to do with where we finished the previous season. It’s about momentum, and recognising that Pellegrini is either unwilling or unable to address our obvious weaknesses, which surfaced at QPR, West Ham, and Burnley etc last season. We might have finished the season fairly strongly, but realistically, we were out of title contention by late March.

Also the Rags won the League in 2013 but finished 7th the following year. City went backwards last season, and we need to stop kidding ourselves that everything will suddenly come good.
De Bruyne might add to our attacking options, but we were the top scorers anyway, so it was hardly our biggest issue.
I’m more concerned with the injury to Delph and the reluctance of the club to convey any information on his progress.
Kompany missed 15 games last season and 10 the previous campaign, yet I keep reading “If Kompany stays fit…”

Don’t worry, if Kompany plays every game and Zabaleta returns to his marauding best. If Yaya suddenly regains his power and motivation, and our defence learn how to defend set pieces, then I will be the first to admit I was wrong.
For the moment however, I will stick to my belief that City will finish 3rd.

Good luck with that.

I'm going for a City win this year but it's a close call with the chavs.

Wenger will bottle it around Feb/Mar as usual. They've got a swagger on because they've won something, but I still think their squad is fragile.

Don't think our defence is as bad as people are making out, are main problem last year was breaking shit teams down, now we've got sterling and possibly kdb, think we'll win it again, attack, attack, attack!

Don't think our defence is as bad as people are making out, are main problem last year was breaking shit teams down, now we've got sterling and possibly kdb, think we'll win it again, attack, attack, attack!
Yes it is, and if Pellegrini doesn't sort it out we will struggle to finish in the top four and he will be looking for another job!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.