where was you 10 years ago this sunday?

RobbieBrewer said:
Went with the wife (3 months pregnant) and two mates...dropped her off in Leicester at her cousins and proceeded to Wembley on the train.

I still remember sitting on the concrete steps next to my aisle seat,looking up at the huge scoreboard at 2-0 down thinking "this just can't be."

When Horlock's goal went in,I could barely raise a cheer.
When Dickov scored it was elation I've never known at a football match before or since.
In all honesty,I don't think I ever want too,either.

I remember thinking about my City-mad Grandad,who was the reason for my City-supporting "career."
He passed away two days after we'd lost 2-1 at home to Oldham earlier in the season.
I'm sure he was by my side laughing that day.

Would've no doubt just said "typical City."

:) nice. I too thought of my dad who we lost the year before. His heart probably wouldn't have stood for the end of that game though!!!! I felt like I'd gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson by the time I got back into London!

RIP Grandad.

9 years old on a coach with the levenshulme branch (i think) on my way to the greatest day out ive had watching city.
I remember at a service station not sure which one curly watts gettin some stick while having a piss.
something like curlys got a little dick.

CTID_92 said:
at wembley, aged 6. has it ever been stated as to why the tickets say we were playing wigan? cause that was the semi wasnt it?!.

Because they were printed before the semis. Gillingham fans no doubt have whoever they beat in the semis on their tickets that they still have framed to remember the day they supported their team.

I was behind the goal where Dickov equalised and where all the penalties were. Never heard noise like it. I remember just staring at the pitch when we went 2-0 feeling so much anger and refusing to believe we were going to spend another season in that division. I threw my head back and shouted COME ON CIIIIIIITTTYYYYYY!!!! And then the whole end started chanting it. You can hear it on the video. I still reckon it was me that started that ;-)

I had a dodgy coat, and even dodogier fucking hair, but I was there

What a day. I remember Billy Duffy was sat round about our area and I think squeaky maclean was a few rows in front of us as well. I was sat with my mum and a few lads behind us fucked off at the end, smashing up their seats in anger before they left. Was looking like another very depressing day of supporting city at that point. The rest is history. At the end I wanted to take one of the broken seats as a souvenir but was worried that the police might think I was gonna throw it at someone

I remember evryone dancing to all the tunes at the end of the game and in particular 'rockin all over the world' by status quo haha. There were loads of guys dancing topless to that and I'm not ashamed to say that I like that song simply because it reminds me of that day at Wembley in 99

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.