where was you 10 years ago this sunday?

22 years old with my mate and my girlfriend (now wife of 9 years) sat in breaks snooker club in Failsworth (rag free and big screen) there was only us 3 and some other lad a blue in the bar watching the football, when big fat Bob got the second for Gill's my mate said "shit Tiern were going Scunny next year mate" I was fucking devo'd then Super Kev got the first I thought at least they have given us somthing to cheer, when the second went in me and the guy I didn't know wer crying on the floor hugging each other screeming like girls, most of the snooker hall come in to see what the fook was going on shaking there heads at us.

Since that day i'v gained 3 kids a wife a house and lost my dad but i can rember it like it was Yesterday!

running about the front room at 6 years old watching the playoffs on TV with my bros and dad !!!
Always remember weavers wave and andy morrison taking him out lol good times

CTID

was 4, all i remember was wearing every shirt that we had that season ,watching andy morrison lifting the cup and 'CARRYING' my dad home from the mini bus.... oh my days, what a day!!

i was working in France from May - Sept that year, phoned my younger brother...
he told me that we were fucked, 2 - 0 down with a few minutes left.

i was gutted, hung up!

I find it strange that there are so many Blues on here (and let's face it you must be a passionate supporter to subscribe and post on a fans' message board) who didn't go to the game. I would have walked over broken glass to be at Wembley that day, so why weren't so many on here there?

As for the game, I stayed throughout and could not even lift my head to celebrate Horlock's goal. But I ended up naked from the waist up stood on my chair twirling my City polo shirt around my head two minutes later! :)

Went with the wife (3 months pregnant) and two mates...dropped her off in Leicester at her cousins and proceeded to Wembley on the train.

I still remember sitting on the concrete steps next to my aisle seat,looking up at the huge scoreboard at 2-0 down thinking "this just can't be."

When Horlock's goal went in,I could barely raise a cheer.
When Dickov scored it was elation I've never known at a football match before or since.
In all honesty,I don't think I ever want too,either.

I remember thinking about my City-mad Grandad,who was the reason for my City-supporting "career."
He passed away two days after we'd lost 2-1 at home to Oldham earlier in the season.
I'm sure he was by my side laughing that day.

Would've no doubt just said "typical City."

RIP Grandad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.