where was you 10 years ago this sunday?

i was there never in my life have i experienced anything like it. Went through every emotion possible. Before the game was pure exitement couldnt wait for kickoff the game seemed to go so quick felt like 5 mins and we were 2 down with couple of mins to go felt so angry just wished the game could have started over was the worst feeling i ever felt at a football game. Then horlock scores and thought typical just a consolation goal. Then for the best feeling ever at a game when dickov scored it was mental ended up a few rows below where i was sat had hold of a guy i didnt know and couldnt stop screaming get in at him lol unbelievable experience. Then penalties the noise we made when they took theres was imense never been in a crowd that loud before or since! the whistles were defening it will take a lot to top that game for drama unbelievable day!

1_barry_conlon said:
Didsbury Dave said:
1_barry_conlon said:
Praying we'd win in honour of a top blue and top bloke and a Gardeners regular who'd died the day we played Wigan away in the play off semi. And before the 'spare ticket' jokes start, his son had it and we took him. :-)

Rob Gretton?

In one!

Is it really ten years since he died? Blimey. Seems like yesterday.

m27 said:
1_barry_conlon said:
Didsbury Dave said:
1_barry_conlon said:
Praying we'd win in honour of a top blue and top bloke and a Gardeners regular who'd died the day we played Wigan away in the play off semi. And before the 'spare ticket' jokes start, his son had it and we took him. :-)

Rob Gretton?

In one!

Is it really ten years since he died? Blimey. Seems like yesterday.

Ten years last Friday mate it was.

Who waited outside Maine Road all night for tickets to go on sale,then at about
7am some fat bloke came out and said NO tickets were going to be sold that morning
ONLY city could do that.At this point the 3 of us said it was every man for himself now
in the hunt for tickets,it was a shame it came to this,but you had to do what you could to
get one.
I got back home about 8am pissed off thinking that was that,i just sat down and the door went and stood there with 2 tickets was a mate who if i am honest never went to Maine
Road that much,from the lowest of the low and back again all in an hour.
My other 2 mate did get tickets in the end,and one of them was all over the telly highlights
at night.............Happy days

I still have my stub,i keep it on the fridge.......................Sad i know.

WembleyTicketStub.jpg

At wembley witnesing my 12 year old nephews transformation, he travelled down as a liverpool supporter (his mums doing) with me & his dad (both lifelong blues) just for the day out & to have a laugh at city.
He arrived home that night as a genuine blue, He could not beleive the noise from the city fans & the mayhem at the end of the game & has never looked back to those dark days B.C. (before city)

At a kids footy tournament in Butlins, Skegness, left early morning and drove to Wembley...the rest is history!

I am now trying to capture the moment that Dickies shot hit the back of the net...if that feeling could be bottled!

I was there, with SQblue and Jim_tolmies_perm . Great, great day even though I admit I snapped my flag in half in disgust when we went 2-0 down

I can also remember looking at the scoreboard continually for what seemed about half an hour, when in fact it was five minutes, wondering why the ref hadnt blown.

i remember it like it was yesterday.
i was seven years old and i was with family in devon sulking the whole time because .
me and my dad were desperate to watch the match so told my mum and sister that we were going to a shop and went the pub to catch it.
what a day!

p.s for those wondering yes my mum went balistic at me and my dad! hahahah

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.