Where was you on the day of the takeover?

sat in little shop cafe on whitehill industrial estate , reddish , having a full english before i went to work , had a few pints the night before so it was a late start lol . my dad phoned me as soon as it got on the tele , couldnt believe it , great day!!

Playing footy with my mates on Debdale Park.....got a few texts off my grandad telling me about the take over and that we were after Berbatov and thought he was taking the piss

Working away in Ross on Wye, only saw it when we went outfor a beer & some food on SSN in Wetherspoons. I had to text my cousin, A big blue even though she works for MUTV!!! She filled me in on the details, Ah happy days .

i was on the beach with my wife and baby daughter. it was well windy and we wandered into a beachfront cafe to give the baby some milk, and grab a cuppa to warm up. they had a little tv at the far end of the cafe and i could make out our badge and "some sheikh". obviously my jaw dropped when i heard.

me and the wife share our birthday on september 1st. what a pressie.

Went to Thomas Cook in the morning to get my dollars as i was flying to Florida the following Sunday and i got a text saying Corluka had gone to the spuds. Gutted about that,came home but SSN on and the yellow bar was saying Manchester City taken over by ADUG,Who? As the day went on it just snowballed and i remember seeing Hughes on the golf Course!! THen rumours came in about Berbaflop,Villa and Gomez
Then at 6.56PM on SSN a video came on of Robinho and the Scottish bloke saying "join us after the break with some amazing transfer news about Robinho!!"
4 hours and 50 mins later Andy Burton saying "Robinho is a Manchester City Player!"
COULD.NOT,BELIVE.IT!!!

i was feeding my pigeons in the back outside when one looked at me and made a koo noise which wasnt usually like this specific pigeon,i then thought something amazing could be happening,anyway i went to get some bird feeder out of the draw and i just thought i would put skysports on and there it was! man city take over arabs and all that.i then went back outside and the same pigeon had a big cheesey grin on its face and winked at me.a day ill never forget!

At work (in body only) on newsnow, getting very little done, and then later watching the first page of BM fill up with new threads faster than an army of moderators could possibly delete or merge... Replying to a said thread and discovering it already been pushed down to the 2nd page by more new threads. Good times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.