Where was you on the day of the takeover?

Re: Where were you on the day of the takeover?

I was at the barber's, taking my lad for a haircut. Couldn't believe it when I walked in and the place was buzzing with talk of Robinho!

I was in bed, had the week off work. Turned on my mobile at about 930am to read a text from a rag that read "Your club has been taken over by people with a SHITLOAD of money."

Stumbled out of bed very confused and switched SSN on. I then watched it all from about 10am to 1am the next day.

Worth every minute.

I was sitting at my desk at DELL INC. "working" when all of a sudden, this message board blew up. Needless to say i got NO work done for about a week. I was crapping myself telling everyone around me. No one cared........

but i did

I woke up to a text from my Dad who said something about some "ADUG group", I remember thinking to myself, oh dear Lord, what the fuck has Shinawatra done now.

Anyways I turn on SSN to find the presenters interviewing an Arab lad who had broke the story and he starts going on about how they won't to take the club from 10th to number 1 and that there a lot richer than Abramovich and will make City into the best club on the planet, safe to say I got very giddy.

As the day progressed the club confirmed we were being taken over, reports came though the group was worth £550billion and we went in for Berbatov. I was thinking the real deal has arrived in the form of owners, and how right I was.

We missed out on Berbatov which I was quite gutted about at the time, only for us to sign Robinho for £32.5m, I was ecstatic for about a month afterwards and couldn't believe what quite was happening.

God bless Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan.

I was at the airport at the time but i had a City shirt on, i was on the bus when it must of come through coz i when i got off the bus driver screamed OH IT'S FUCKING GREAT BEING A BLUE! I just thought he was off his tits then loads of people kept shouting were fucking loaded so i rushed back and nearly had a fucking heart attack

in cyprus on holiday with my two mates and all our families. stayed up all night in a bar watching ssn. and havent stopped smiling since...........................

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.