Where were you when we were s**t

Re: Where were you when we were shit

1_barry_conlon said:
Can you be specific as to which time we were 'shit?'

Early 80's shit after Luton or mid 90's shit? Not forgetting the shit we endured under Pearce.

So many shits to choose from.

I was there through all of the 'shit' shit...

That's why I'm loving it right now. Colin Schindler and David Conn and their ilk can get to fuck!

Why Always Ste said:
cyberblue said:
CheethamHillBlue said:
This.

Check the records for ALL of the above teams and they have NEVER had full houses week in week out. The crowds have fluctuated the same as ours. We had 60,000 crowds in the late 60's and early 70's like the rags but not every week.
Neither did the rags.
So between 60s & early 70s we had 60 thousand !!so then 40 thousand must have disapeared by the time we played Huddersfield .the point of the thread is we will always have new fans .what is the problem !!

It won't be a problem for many on here, those of us more fortunate enough to not worry about rising costs of tickets.

Back in the day you could go and watch a match with the spare change in your pocket.
Now it's so easy to throw a few hundred quid away from watching one match, and that's excluding the ticket.

I have no issue with new fans, shit we've all been a new fan... my issue is the new fans coming along are a different breed, more of a "superfan" who will only come along once a season but will spend:
* £600 on their Etihad flight
* £300 on their ticket
* £200 Malmaison hotel
* £200 merchandise

And will return next season, doing it all again.

Whereas local lad Jimmy, he'll spend:
*£600 on his seasoncard
* £4 on a pie (per match)
* £4 on a pint of Fosters (per match)

My point is the likes of myself will be priced out of the stadium in season's to come as we attract more of this Superfan, who have bigger disposable incomes than myself.

Better for the club - worse for the traditional fan who's had the club running through their family tree.

Unfortunately you are correct - the more succesful the club become in the coming years the more it will cost.

The club has kept Seasoncard renewal prices more or less the same as last year.

BUT in the long term City are not bothered who fills the seats as long as they get the money.

City's a clique.......

That's the way a few on here want it...

EG - You go on a european trip or, an obscure away trip & if your not one of the "faces", you get a funny look!!! Regardless if you were following City before the "faces" were born!

I say the more the merrier. For whatever reason someone chooses to follow "our" club, they should be embraced & accepted.

1997 Manchester City 0-1 Huddersfield Town

My first ever game

I was fucking there

Standing on the kippax then later sitting on the kippax then sat in the south stand up till last season then lost my job so couldn't afford a season card so got a city card anyone who wonts to watch us and support city is ok with me !!!

Wafty Cranker said:
I find it odd that fans of other teams sing to us "where were you when you were shit?".

The majority of us were there when we were shit.

Bluddy L, " I was there there when we were shit, I was there when we were shit! Proud of it too, once a Blue, Always a Blue springs to mind! Kin L amongst many other tales to tell 1 particular match stands out like a sore thumb with me. P.Swales Chairman (RIP BLUE MAN, that man had BLUE BLOOD & the sweat from his pours in the skin was BLUE) Oxford United @ Maine Rd, I think we lost 2-3 Big demo after this night match thru the week campaining for "Swales Out" s/tkt holder in the Family stand Platt Lane, I was on mega pain killers for bluddy back trouble which made me feel like Superman! after the match I ended up losing my son on the way out 6 yr old @ the time. Legged it up to Oxford road & back to ground twice with no luck of finding him! Eventually In tears (honest) I managed to get hold of a copper amongst the big Demo, explained, he radio'd to inside ground 10 mins later I was frog marched thru the crowd into reception, offered a cup of tea (still in tears) Who should appear? KINKI with bottle of Champers in 1 hand (Man of Match) & holding my sons hand with the othere! wow the relief was undescribable. I have a framed colour photo the MEN sent me free of charge! The euphoria matched Aguero's goal, err or maybe 1 just eclipsed the other. Question is which 1. lol CHAMPIONNS, CHAMPIONS, CHAMPIONS!

my 1st game was the 1st home game in 1985/86 season in a 1-1 draw with Leicester i was addicted immediately and helded a season ticket ever since never regret the bad days makes me appreciate this even more the days at York, Luton, Gillingham, Chesterfield & Darlington days were great experiences though always remember the song "come along,come along , come along and sing our song, were the boys in blue in division 2 but we wont be here for long" quality days just what being a blue is all about

I used to sit near the players tunnel and when they were coming on to warm up, then going back in they would sign shirts and autographs for kids who were dangling shirts and autograph books down the wall. Somewhere (really annoyed that I don't know where!) i've got Keith Curle, Uwe Rosler, Niall Quinn, Garry Flitcroft, Terry Phelan and loads more from that era! LOVED IT!!

leeski said:
my 1st game was the 1st home game in 1985/86 season in a 1-1 draw with Leicester i was addicted immediately and helded a season ticket ever since never regret the bad days makes me appreciate this even more the days at York, Luton, Gillingham, Chesterfield & Darlington days were great experiences though always remember the song "come along,come along , come along and sing our song, were the boys in blue in division 2 but we wont be here for long" quality days just what being a blue is all about
forgot all about that song am now humming it like a nutter

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.