Where were you when we were s**t

Re: Where were you when we were shit

Casanova said:
1_barry_conlon said:
Can you be specific as to which time we were 'shit?'

Early 80's shit after Luton or mid 90's shit? Not forgetting the shit we endured under Pearce.

So many shits to choose from.

From my memory we have always been shit but Lincoln in the cup at home! Where that fan ripped up his season ticket on the pitch is the most shit we have ever been & the poor fucker wasn't banned, as I recall he had to endure the rest of season with us....

Early 90's I think (anyone clarify)?
Im pretty sure that was when we lost at Home to Bury!

Spot on that BLUE...
FORZA CITY said:
Slightly off topic, but what pisses me off is teams like Wolves, Stoke and even Newcastle (to name a few) singing where were you...

How fucking ironic is that? Before they originally got promoted to the Premier League their average attendances were piss poor compared to the numbers they get now while we averaged 28,261 in the 3rd tire of English football!

These are average attendance stats for the 1990-91 season for an example:

Newcastle - 16,834
Wolves - 15,837
Stoke - 11,565

So fuck 'em...

seemedownkippaxstreet said:
If they're not from Manchester or have a family connection to Manchester or to City, I'm sceptical. Sorry.

I feel the same.

People say we were all new at one point but it's not the fact that they're new fans, it's the reason they're supporting us. It's a shit argument that we were all new.

marios stress ball said:
If they're not from Manchester or have a family connection to Manchester or to City, I'm sceptical. Sorry.

I feel the same.

People say we were all new at one point but it's not the fact that they're new fans, it's the reason they're supporting us. It's a shit argument that we were all new.

So what about Blues like myself that have been travelling to watch the team for years, often travelling very large distances 18 - 20 times a season to watch shit, spending very large sums of money? should we just not have bothered?

stiniyamasena said:
O.K. Kippax, I do not have any connections with Manchester,or family links. I come originaly from Greece, lived in Hungary, came to England at the begining of 1957 & watched City from February of that year & I have watched them ever since, but I agree with your point, the new fans could be "fly bi nights"

just after the cup win. Glory hunter

law74 said:
marios stress ball said:

I feel the same.

So what about Blues like myself that have been travelling to watch the team for years, often travelling very large distances 18 - 20 times a season to watch shit, spending very large sums of money? should we just not have bothered?
Glory hunter........

Joking mate, if there is anything shit here its this thread.

A blue is a blue to me, no matter where they originated.

Where was I when we were shit. Either trying to get back to a car safely without being bottled, bricked or chased around Liverpool, Leeds even places like Reading and Grimsby or trying to stay sober enough to actually enter the ground.

I started pulling for City when I was in Prep School and actually started going to the games in 1965. Always a City fan, I stopped going to games when I moved to Frankfurt, Germany and later moved to the U.S. Once City started improving under Mancini and the big bucks from the Sheikh to get quality players, they were on TV a lot more. This year I can say I watched every EPL game City was in. Unfortunately, the European cup games were on a premium soccer channel so I listened to the commentary on line on the Manchester radio channel.

Dancing on the pitch with palace fans singing palace for the cup
Standing behind Andy dibbles goal when Gary Crosby heads it out of his hand
Singing you'll never seat the kippax

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.