Where were you when we were s**t

Started watching us when we were shit, 1983 and never looked back.

I can understand more kids becoming City fans from around the globe as thats what football is like now a days, its global branding but as for adults turning blue because we are going in the upward direction, can't for the life of me get my head around it,
don't want to either.
Im'e going away on holiday next week, i wonder if i see a blue and we let on to each other as it used to be, can't see it myself but one thing is for sure, we will allways have more local support at our ground than those lot down the rd.
Imo.

Going to matches since 1969 season ticket holder since 1974.

There have been many occasions when I felt that I would never see City win anything again.

started supporting city in 03. i was in a show due to be shown in edinburgh from feb - april 03, beauty and the beast. i was 8 going on 9. the show was on at the palace theatre in manchester before and me and two other boys came down for a week to see the show and rehearse etc, stayed in the crowne plaza which was decent. one of the 'fun' things we got to do was go to Old trafford and get a tour, and at that stage didnt support a football team. was impressed with the stadium and that at that age.any other boy at 8 would support united after having a tour but no...not me. anyway out of the 3 boys who played the part in the manchester show that i was due to play. 2 of them were city fans and they told me that city were the proper manchester team who used to be better than united. united were the team for gloryhunters and always had glory but city were the real football team. from then on city grew on me and i got my first shirt in 04. then its just gone on from there.

I'm 24 and have supported City since I can remember. My Dad's side of the family are blues from Failsworth and my Mum's side are Irish so their mostly scouce and scum fans, although some are Leeds fans, God know why. So obviously I support City. In my opinion you should support either your local club or whoever your Dad follows.

You can change your car, house, wife or even your fcuking gender but you can not change your club :D

As someone who was born in 1970, i have the dubious honour of being part of a generation that has seen nothing but shit apart from recent seasons.

Used to go with my old fella in the Platt Lane on the wooden benches in the 80's (enduring memories are Borusia mmunchengladbach and regularly getting tonkled by Liverpool), graduated to the Kippax and then got my first season ticket when the Kippax was redeveloped so i could sit with my mate who was a season ticket holder, which i have held since and have added my kids, 7 & 5 (they have never had it so good)

Went to the occasional away game in my youth, and was lucky/unlucky enough to be at York. Not coz i'm a die hard but it coincided with my birthday and was a good excuse for a piss up and night away.

Anyway, as much as we would want the ground to be full of mancunian/long term fans regardless of origin or connection with the blues, the reality is that our success will bring with it the "tourist fans". With FFPR looming, the income these fans bring will be a welcome boost to the coffers. I'm sure the club are 1 step ahead of this, and would look to expand the ground. Premium seats at premium prices for tourists, and seats reasonably priced for locals etc.

Do we really want to pass up this recently acquired success for the sake of attracting some plastic fans ????

Dad born and bred in manchester and had many memories on the Kippax before moving down South due to work purposes!

He took me to my first game in 1999 against QPR when I was 6 and from what I can recall it ended 1-1 and I haven't looked back since! So I guess that was when we pretty shit and oh how things are changing blues!

I remember I started to attend matches during season 85-86, Billy McNeill et al. We used to get crowds of about 23-26000, the forward line was Mark Lillis and Gordon Davies supported by the likes of Paul Simpson, Kenny Clements and Paul Power in his last season with the club. I recall that after about February we never scored more than one goal at home all season! The football was poor, the stadiums were falling to bits and the gane was seriously on its knee's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.