Where were you when we were s**t

Re: Where were you when we were shit

CheethamHillBlue said:
cyberblue said:
The point is we have always had new fans & always will so why do people make an isue now ? the Rags have not always had 70.000 .Newcastle have not always had 54.000. Arsenal have not always had 62.000 .we have not always had 45.000 .so we always will get new fans we have had thousands of new fans since we moved stadiums so whats the problem now .

This.

Check the records for ALL of the above teams and they have NEVER had full houses week in week out. The crowds have fluctuated the same as ours. We had 60,000 crowds in the late 60's and early 70's like the rags but not every week.
Neither did the rags.
So between 60s & early 70s we had 60 thousand !!so then 40 thousand must have disapeared by the time we played Huddersfield .the point of the thread is we will always have new fans .what is the problem !!

cyberblue said:
So many on here slag of new fans .we were all new once ,in the 80s sometimes we didnt even get 20.000,Mansfield not even double figures most leauge cup & fa cup games attences were poor .European games were poor .we should be aplauding new fans especialy if they go while "regulars" cant be arsed ,atendences only started rising at the new stadium then we didnt always fill it & usualy a third empty at full time .So the ones pointing the finger ought to revisit there credentials & get of there high horse

I was at that Mansfield game. My boss was a Mansfield fan and was there with hospitality tickets. I got slaughtered the next day when we'd lost

seemedownkippaxstreet said:
If they're not from Manchester or have a family connection to Manchester or to City, I'm sceptical. Sorry.

So you are saying that if you do not have a birthright in Manchester you cannot support City? Wow, what a narrow minded concept (the concept not necessarily you). I suspect in your skepticism, I have wasted the past 13 years of my life supporting a team, flying over to see matches every other year, and wasting many dollars since I was born in the Midwestern United States. Shame on me, huh?

It is funny my very first City game in 1999 was at the Valley, and the supporters I met all drove down from Manchester to see the match and all embraced me immediately without once questioning my connections to Manc. Go figure.

cyberblue said:
CheethamHillBlue said:
cyberblue said:
The point is we have always had new fans & always will so why do people make an isue now ? the Rags have not always had 70.000 .Newcastle have not always had 54.000. Arsenal have not always had 62.000 .we have not always had 45.000 .so we always will get new fans we have had thousands of new fans since we moved stadiums so whats the problem now .

This.

Check the records for ALL of the above teams and they have NEVER had full houses week in week out. The crowds have fluctuated the same as ours. We had 60,000 crowds in the late 60's and early 70's like the rags but not every week.
Neither did the rags.
So between 60s & early 70s we had 60 thousand !!so then 40 thousand must have disapeared by the time we played Huddersfield .the point of the thread is we will always have new fans .what is the problem !!

It won't be a problem for many on here, those of us more fortunate enough to not worry about rising costs of tickets.

Back in the day you could go and watch a match with the spare change in your pocket.
Now it's so easy to throw a few hundred quid away from watching one match, and that's excluding the ticket.

I have no issue with new fans, shit we've all been a new fan... my issue is the new fans coming along are a different breed, more of a "superfan" who will only come along once a season but will spend:
* £600 on their Etihad flight
* £300 on their ticket
* £200 Malmaison hotel
* £200 merchandise

And will return next season, doing it all again.

Whereas local lad Jimmy, he'll spend:
*£600 on his seasoncard
* £4 on a pie (per match)
* £4 on a pint of Fosters (per match)

My point is the likes of myself will be priced out of the stadium in season's to come as we attract more of this Superfan, who have bigger disposable incomes than myself.

Better for the club - worse for the traditional fan who's had the club running through their family tree.

1_barry_conlon said:
Can you be specific as to which time we were 'shit?'

Early 80's shit after Luton or mid 90's shit? Not forgetting the shit we endured under Pearce.

So many shits to choose from.

Most of you on here won't even remember the early 60s shit. 8000 at home to Swindon after we'd been knocked out of the Cup by Shrewsbury. Now that was a badge of honour which ranks alongside York away !!!

For years we've despised the rags for the bandwagon jumpers. Why on earth would we want to welcome them to our club.

We are what we are because we've felt the pain.

Blue in Florida said:
seemedownkippaxstreet said:
If they're not from Manchester or have a family connection to Manchester or to City, I'm sceptical. Sorry.

So you are saying that if you do not have a birthright in Manchester you cannot support City? Wow, what a narrow minded concept (the concept not necessarily you). I suspect in your skepticism, I have wasted the past 13 years of my life supporting a team, flying over to see matches every other year, and wasting many dollars since I was born in the Midwestern United States. Shame on me, huh?

It is funny my very first City game in 1999 was at the Valley, and the supporters I met all drove down from Manchester to see the match and all embraced me immediately without once questioning my connections to Manc. Go figure.

hes caught a big one!

Joe Hayes said:
1_barry_conlon said:
Can you be specific as to which time we were 'shit?'

Early 80's shit after Luton or mid 90's shit? Not forgetting the shit we endured under Pearce.

So many shits to choose from.

Most of you on here won't even remember the early 60s shit. 8000 at home to Swindon after we'd been knocked out of the Cup by Shrewsbury. Now that was a badge of honour which ranks alongside York away !!!

For years we've despised the rags for the bandwagon jumpers. Why on earth would we want to welcome them to our club.

Swindon home - I was there too Joe. It was not fun.
I don't worry about bandwagon jumpers; we all started somewhere. Would you call someone who started in 65/66 a bandwagon jumper?
It's more about how long people stuck with the club when the hard times came round (and round, and round).

Joe Hayes said:
Doesn't mean we shouldn't welcome others, just because "we were there when we were shit" doesn't mean the newcomers won't be here next time we're shit. Anyone who wants to be a full time, through thick and thin, blue should be welcome in my opinion. Some of our most loyal fans (that I know personally) have no connection to Manchester, but have been going for 30+ years. home and away.

I supported liverpool through the eighties but once united started winning I changed to them. I only stated supporting city after the Thaksin takeover and have been a blue ever since, apart from a few weeks ago when we lost to arsenal and I wasted £6.99 on a Champ20ns t-shirt. Next season I was going to support Chelsea, but can't afford it so I'll probably carry on with city TBH.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.