Which City signing excited you most?

Had to be Robinho for me as well in terms of excitement. First big player of the revolution.

I was actually really looking forwards to seeing him in the flesh at Eastlands...... for Chelsea! So when we got him, I couldn't believe it.

I was chuffed of course when we signed Silva, Yaya, Aguero etc. Tevez was great but less of a surprise as we all knew he was coming weeks before.

But Robinho just had the shock factor and right before the deadline as well; twas pretty exciting stuff.

Vassel... HAHA! I thought he was a great signing at a low price a few years ago.

But out of the big boys - Robinho, because I couldn't quite believe what was going on at city that day.

Nasri - Because I really liked him at Arsenal and again still couldn't believe he was coming to city.

Tevez - Class player, and nicked off the scum.

Aguero - Top of the list. Had seen the guy play in spain and out of all the big names, this was the one I finally thought...fuck we are actually going to be winning things yearly and competing at the top in europe.

Robinho = 4th The statement we made that day shook the foundations of football worldwide and for me it was the greatest piece of marketing a club has ever managed. But in reality I always thought Robinho would have signed for Accrington Stanley if they had the money, such was his desire to leave Madrid at the time.

Tevez = 3rd When he finally signed after the rags had tried a last ditch attempt to keep him I knew we had taken a giant step in the next stage of our development. I remember feeling butterflies in my stomach as I laughed nervously in delight at the footage of him arriving at the ground with that stupid f**king tea cosy on his head.

Silva = 2nd I'd regularly watch highlights of La Liga and remember thinking that either Barca or Madrid would be snapping this fella up at any moment for a over a year, and then I heard he would be signing for us. When he did arrive I admit that I allowed the press & pundits to convince me that the premier league would be too physical for him and that he did not like it here. As we all know he proved them & me wrong to the point of categorically believing he is without doubt the best all round footballer I have ever seen in the flesh.

AGUEROOOOOO! = 1st Like I said I'd regularly watch La Liga and I'm sure that about 2 years ago it was all over the press that Chelsea was gonna sign him. "Well, that's them winning most things for the next few years." I told my mates. As we all know that did not happen and for me, the day he signed was the day City became 'A' League. When one of the top ten footballers in the world signed for City because he wanted to, and not because he wanted out of somewhere else.

P.S. I think Silva became a top ten player after he signed for us but believe me, he was f**king good before that.

In the modern era it has to be Robinho. Nobody saw it coming and the statement of intent it sent out was incredible. One of the most disappointing for me was (and still is) Wayne Bridge. We were struggling defensively and the guy was the second best left back in England which, in hindsight, must have meant that the third best left back in England was complete shite.
Value for money buy has to go to Vinny Kompany albeit Anelka did keep us up almost single handedly.
The one that got away - Daniel Van Bouyton. Hard to believe we couldn't raise 2.5 million to buy him.

I'd probably say Anelka. We'd only just got promoted and we signed a proper top player. That just doesn't happen. Imagine Southampton announcing they're signing Benzema tomorrow...

Definitely Robinho.

Far from the best player we signed, but because it was a sign of where we were going. I also thought he was a fabulous player at the time. Still do to an extent although he needs a team around him to do well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.