Which computer game wowed you the most?

tips said:
i can't believe that nobody has mentioned half-life and half life 2, still playing mods for both, in half-life's case 10 years on.

Ahh you wanker! I wanted to be the first HL head. :(
I play Zombie Panic Source & Insurgency for HL2.

For me it has to be Elite on the old BBC model B.
BBC_Micro_Elite_screenshot.png

Doesn't look much but it blew me away with the ability to just get lost in a massive universe of possibilities. Also played it on my Atari ST and is now available FREE online for your PC under the title Oolite:
280px-Oolite-coriolis.png

Have wasted so much time on this game in it's various formats over the years.

Honorable mention : Mario 64 and Speedball 2 (Atari ST)

I've got Banjo Kazooie but can't get into it like I did Mario and DK 64.

Resident Evil.

First game that ever made me actually shit myself when I was younger, Nightmares ensued ever since I played it and I remember it so well. I never was able to own it but would beg my mother to visit my aunt's so that I could play it with my cousins, I would walk through the dining room and down the hall until you meet a zombie eating a man's corpse, The zombie hears you and drops the Mans decapitated head and turns around with you and stares at you with the most evil eyes. the choppy graphics made it so perfect. I would then scream for my life and throw the controller at my older cousin because I could never beat that zombie when I was younger.

This is the scene that terrified me and many others. xP

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe6srxp1-9I[/youtube]

There was also the scene where you get dragged into a a room full of zombies, when the zombie dogs jump through the mirrors/windows and the giant tarantula.

Resident Evil 4 is also worth a mention. a top, top class modern game.

Half Life.

Where do I start, completley transformed shooting games forever, you must play this game if you don't only care about graphics.

Half Life 2 was breath taking, One of the best games ever made and I still play a few mods for it sometimes.
You must play this game, you would not think that it is 5 years old.

GTA 3.

Completley changed 3rd person view games, it was the first of it's time and one of it's kind.

Couldn't be arsed naming any more or going into more detail for now..

I agree with alot that has aready been mentioned but one that hasn't, Crysis.
its fucking quality, can't wait till the next one.

Stato said:
I agree with alot that has aready been mentioned but one that hasn't, Crysis.
its fucking quality, can't wait till the next one.

Take away the graphics and you're left with muck.

Goldeneye on the 64 took some beating at it's time.

MOH frontline was class as well, and when you think that first person shooting games couldn't get any better Black and TOD 4 wipe the floor.

There have been so many. But I think the one that wowed me most was the first Far Cry. I had never seen such vibrant colours and landscapes.

I still have an unfinished game on my pc and can go to it now and then.

With a good graphics card, it's unbeatable.

I thought Far Cry 2 was immense, but the Caribbean location of the first game just about edges it for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.